Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Just Iridescent Opalescence for me. Thanks only to your post! I wouldn't have known otherwise.

I only knew because I've signed up to the EP Facebook messenger group. When there's a restock, people alert the group. It's pretty useful. Glad you got one. x

Anneri

Thank you for the heads up, Anitacska! Funny enough I saw the announcement on FB because I was actually awake (4am!!) because of that damned jetlag. Also because of that I couldn't really care (I was so tired and awake at the same time!). Now I kinda regret it, especially because of Iridescent Opalescence. But then, my package from the 11th is still wandering around the US, so I'm still a bit pissed about that...

Anitacska

Thank you for the heads up, Anitacska! Funny enough I saw the announcement on FB because I was actually awake (4am!!) because of that damned jetlag. Also because of that I couldn't really care (I was so tired and awake at the same time!). Now I kinda regret it, especially because of Iridescent Opalescence. But then, my package from the 11th is still wandering around the US, so I'm still a bit pissed about that...

You're welcome. I was thinking you were probably asleep, so glad you got it, but sorry you decided to pass up on them. Then again I can totally understand. I really didn't want to spend this much on nail polish already, and I hate having to buy without seeing swatches and advance notice, but I still got sucked in. Hopefully she will restock these again, so you can buy them if you decide to.

PearlyQueen

I need to rant: My EP order shipped on the 11th, and I was so happy about that! Last time, the package arrived about one week after it was shipped. I was hoping to do a christmas mani with the opals, and also of course take them back with me to Shanghai. So, of course, they didn't show up before christmas, and on Monday I decided to finally have a look at the tracking history. My freaking package was travelling all over the US for THREE weeks and is currently in Chicago. So I rather doubt it'll be here tomorrow when I'm leaving for China again. Thanks for nothing, USPS. That's a freaking discgrace. ARGH!

Oh that's a major annoyance, so sorry. (A couple of days ago I was trying to figure out how come my Chaos & Crocodiles package had tracked to London - but then went to Germany!!!)
Hope they're worth it for you in the (very) long run.

PearlyQueen

Thank you! The Illyrian was alright, just quite sheer and not that amazing. I'm sure the others will be better. This didn't even appeal to me that much in the bottle, I ordered it on a whim and I guess it's just one of those polishes that look better in swatches than irl.

Thank you. It was one of the fairly LE polishes she sold during a sample/oops sale I think.

Ooh get you! Well done, that looks great! I much prefer stamping nowadays, I've always found vinyls hard to use, so this is a great first try! The LSL is pretty, but I guess if they're all practically black, then two's enough. I haven't actually heard of this collection.

My Mum's doing her usual sitting behind me while I'm at the computer, argh! She's leaving tomorrow morning, so I'm trying to not get too annoyed, but it's hard because she keeps doing this even though I've asked her already to sit elsewhere. Ugh.

Thank you, I impressed myself.
I remember how much you love your mum's little trick with the computer from last time! Still, it's good to spend time with loved ones (not too much time though...).

PearlyQueen

Nice to see you, too! I'm back upholstering again. I bought two 50's armchairs and I've been working with the first one. It's not finished yet but I have to start with the second one as it takes a lot of time.

Thanks for the tip. I actually ordered some plates from Moyou so I got their transparent stamper. Let's see how it works.

I received today my EP order - Prism of Darkness and Holiday 2016 (pretty color!), just for the NY. Nice! On the other hand, I've been :storm:because those Shipito morons have apparently lost yet a second Mac package in my short forwarding career! And it was my Mariahs! Fortunately I just had a bit of luck as I spotted the collection on the local site and was able to snag three items before they sold out, they literally were the last ones!

That's so annoying, shippers can be a nightmare. Apart from the whole not shipping nail polish nightmare, and the costs of course, Stackry have been OK so far, fingers crossed that continues of course. I'm glad you managed to get some replacements.

PearlyQueen

Happy New Year Ladies!

My New Year's Eve mani using Lilypad Lacquer Bewitched as the base:

View attachment 58016 View attachment 58017

My previous mani was Emily de Molly Reflection and Serenity:

View attachment 58018

I'm quite annoyed with Diff Dim again, I bought a couple of group exclusive polishes (Fantasmic Flakies) and I've just noticed that one of them is almost half empty. I've never used it, so I assume it came like this, and I've only had it for a couple of months, so very much doubt it's evaporated that much. I'll contact her, will be interested to see what she says.

I've finally managed to put away my Stackry stuff after over a week and my drawers are seriously full. I ended up chucking out 4 (!) polishes (Bells Kandi thermal polishes, pretty awful formulas and have used them all once already anyway, so won't get around to using them again, nor do I want to). That was my destashing, lol. I'm now up to 4500, seriously need to stop buying, but I can't. :(

Two very pretty manis, I like them!
Sorry about your DD, hopefully they'll sort it out for you.
You destashed, well done!!! I can't do it... remember a few weeks ago I used OPI Glitter Bit of Music? When I went to use it, it had almost completely dried up - so I poured half a bottle of a cheap topcoat into it and gave it a good mix to revive it. Even when they're finished I just won't let them die!!!
I got a Helmer for Xmas! It will only take some of my collection of course, but hopefully it will help tidy the shelves covered in polish up at least a little bit! I haven't gone mad and filled it yet, I just grab a few every time I'm passing them, it won't be long till it's full!
I did want the Alex instead, but it was so much more expensive and delivery was extortionate, so when hubby asked what I wanted I decided to compromise on what he could afford and I'm pleased with it. I guess I can stack them if I want to buy another later.

PearlyQueen

Happy 2017 everyone!!!
Hope you all buy loads of blingy stuff for your nails, I wouldn't want to be the only one!
Thanks to Anita I got all 3 new EPs, so I guess 2017 started much like 2016 ended, with me buying nail polish I don't need!!!!
They do look nice though...

Anitacska

Thank you, I impressed myself.
I remember how much you love your mum's little trick with the computer from last time! Still, it's good to spend time with loved ones (not too much time though...).

No idea why she does it. It's not like she can understand English, but for some reason she still wants to look at what I'm doing. Oh well, she was only here for 3 days, so it wasn't too bad.

Two very pretty manis, I like them!
Sorry about your DD, hopefully they'll sort it out for you.
You destashed, well done!!! I can't do it... remember a few weeks ago I used OPI Glitter Bit of Music? When I went to use it, it had almost completely dried up - so I poured half a bottle of a cheap topcoat into it and gave it a good mix to revive it. Even when they're finished I just won't let them die!!!
I got a Helmer for Xmas! It will only take some of my collection of course, but hopefully it will help tidy the shelves covered in polish up at least a little bit! I haven't gone mad and filled it yet, I just grab a few every time I'm passing them, it won't be long till it's full!
I did want the Alex instead, but it was so much more expensive and delivery was extortionate, so when hubby asked what I wanted I decided to compromise on what he could afford and I'm pleased with it. I guess I can stack them if I want to buy another later.

Thanks. She's e-mailed back to say sorry and was sending a replacement bottle, so I'm happy with that.

Hahaha, I'm not that bad actually, I have thrown out some dried out polishes (found some Models Own glitters that had dried out a while ago) and I have sold a few duplicates, polishes I really didn't like. I did however save a Femme Fatale glitter (Lucent Ametrine), it was one of my first FFs and it's purple, so I wasn't going to chuck that out!

Ooh a Helmer! I should think you will fill it in no time, you've never confessed to the number of polishes you have, but I'm guessing you probably have at least a couple of 1000's. I know what you mean about the Alex, it is a lot more expensive and I did look into the delivery as I wasn't very keen on having to drive to Croydon, but I do love them. I found the Helmer a bit flimsy and didn't really get the hype. I keep nail art stuff, stamping polishes and other bits and bobs in mine.

Happy 2017 everyone!!!
Hope you all buy loads of blingy stuff for your nails, I wouldn't want to be the only one!
Thanks to Anita I got all 3 new EPs, so I guess 2017 started much like 2016 ended, with me buying nail polish I don't need!!!!
They do look nice though...

You can count on me, lol! I was supposed to be on a no-buy until mid-January, but I've got sucked in by all these LE polishes, Tonics from C4N, Cupcake collab duo, Ever After Polish Con exclusive and of course the EPs. I have been better this month, but I still have 11 days until my new credit card billing period starts, so I'm really trying to not buy more. Of course there's new Glams and FFs coming, but I may be able to defer most of those to next month.

I have a new mani, Color Club Total Mystery (2011 untried) with Nail Pattern Boldness The Tin Man. I still have 8 polishes left from my 2011 untrieds, then I'm moving onto my 2012 ones, of course by then I was buying a lot more and started getting into indies too, so there's a lot more. When I made my spreadsheet in September 2012 I had 507 polishes and around 150 are still among the untrieds. Anyway, here's my mani:

20170102_105339.jpg 20170102_105343.jpg

elkaknits

I would love to see Prism of Darkness on you if possible. I totally did not see it until it was sold out. Of course it would have been my first EP as well since I haven't bitten yet

elkaknits

I won't have mine for weeks yet. But I saw this swatch in one of the Facebook groups:
Instagram

Ugh so pretty. I really am not cut out for hearing about pretties. I just don't spend enough time on blogs. Plus just getting back into Indie polishes. Apparently my last purchase seems to have been A Box Indied from Aug 2015. It was So. Much. $$$$ and I haven't worn any of the colors for a mani except for one o.0

Anitacska

Hello Everyone!

I have 2 new manis to share. I should have 3, but I had to go a whole day with naked nails (eeek!), because my son was being sick all evening and wanted me to be with him when he went to bed, so I couldn't paint my nails in the evening as I usually do. I did have a base coat on, but it felt really strange, lol. I also still had the fake nail on my middle finger that was opaque, so it looked completely out of place. I have now removed that as my nail has grown quite nicely, still short, but not ridiculously so.

My first mani is an oldie, Ozotic 505 with Glam Polish Harmony Wind on the accents, over black. As usual I had to take a gazillion pictures, lol.

20170104_092151.jpg 20170104_110600.jpg 20170104_110554.jpg 20170104_110557.jpg

My current mani is Vapid Once Upon a Time with Lilypad Lacquer Stay Beautiful on the accents.

20170107_115507.jpg 20170107_115535.jpg 20170107_115551.jpg

I received my recent Tonic order from C4N. These are so pretty!

20170105_120642.jpg

My Different Dimension replacement is already in the UK, very impressed. Just ordered the 4 new Femme Fatales as part of the UK group buy, so my no buy isn't exactly going well, but they were only 20 quid for the 4 (obviously there will be some shipping and tax on top), so still a lot cheaper than RC. I also ordered 3 new Fair Maidens and some Guerlain stuff. Oh dear, lol.

Attachments

• 20170104_110547.jpg
    20170104_110547.jpg
    687.9 KB · Views: 7

PearlyQueen

No idea why she does it. It's not like she can understand English, but for some reason she still wants to look at what I'm doing. Oh well, she was only here for 3 days, so it wasn't too bad.

Thanks. She's e-mailed back to say sorry and was sending a replacement bottle, so I'm happy with that.

Hahaha, I'm not that bad actually, I have thrown out some dried out polishes (found some Models Own glitters that had dried out a while ago) and I have sold a few duplicates, polishes I really didn't like. I did however save a Femme Fatale glitter (Lucent Ametrine), it was one of my first FFs and it's purple, so I wasn't going to chuck that out!

Ooh a Helmer! I should think you will fill it in no time, you've never confessed to the number of polishes you have, but I'm guessing you probably have at least a couple of 1000's. I know what you mean about the Alex, it is a lot more expensive and I did look into the delivery as I wasn't very keen on having to drive to Croydon, but I do love them. I found the Helmer a bit flimsy and didn't really get the hype. I keep nail art stuff, stamping polishes and other bits and bobs in mine.

You can count on me, lol! I was supposed to be on a no-buy until mid-January, but I've got sucked in by all these LE polishes, Tonics from C4N, Cupcake collab duo, Ever After Polish Con exclusive and of course the EPs. I have been better this month, but I still have 11 days until my new credit card billing period starts, so I'm really trying to not buy more. Of course there's new Glams and FFs coming, but I may be able to defer most of those to next month.

I have a new mani, Color Club Total Mystery (2011 untried) with Nail Pattern Boldness The Tin Man. I still have 8 polishes left from my 2011 untrieds, then I'm moving onto my 2012 ones, of course by then I was buying a lot more and started getting into indies too, so there's a lot more. When I made my spreadsheet in September 2012 I had 507 polishes and around 150 are still among the untrieds. Anyway, here's my mani:

View attachment 58029 View attachment 58030

Glad DD sorted you out a replacement, that's the CS you hope for.
I am around the 2000 mark on polishes... that tells me I have enough, so why am I so annoyed I can't afford to order from RC and Indigo Bananas???
Total Mystery is stunning.

PearlyQueen

Hello Everyone!

I have 2 new manis to share. I should have 3, but I had to go a whole day with naked nails (eeek!), because my son was being sick all evening and wanted me to be with him when he went to bed, so I couldn't paint my nails in the evening as I usually do. I did have a base coat on, but it felt really strange, lol. I also still had the fake nail on my middle finger that was opaque, so it looked completely out of place. I have now removed that as my nail has grown quite nicely, still short, but not ridiculously so.

My first mani is an oldie, Ozotic 505 with Glam Polish Harmony Wind on the accents, over black. As usual I had to take a gazillion pictures, lol.

View attachment 58097 View attachment 58101 View attachment 58099 View attachment 58100

My current mani is Vapid Once Upon a Time with Lilypad Lacquer Stay Beautiful on the accents.

View attachment 58102 View attachment 58103 View attachment 58104

I received my recent Tonic order from C4N. These are so pretty!

View attachment 58105

My Different Dimension replacement is already in the UK, very impressed. Just ordered the 4 new Femme Fatales as part of the UK group buy, so my no buy isn't exactly going well, but they were only 20 quid for the 4 (obviously there will be some shipping and tax on top), so still a lot cheaper than RC. I also ordered 3 new Fair Maidens and some Guerlain stuff. Oh dear, lol.

OMG naked nails!!!! Awful... Mine are dreadful, when I strip them I can't wait to cover them up again!
Your Ozotic mani is lovely (very me ha ha!). Not so taken with the second one, really pretty but not my kind of colour usually.
4 isn't too bad... I do fancy a few of the new Glams too, something else that will have to wait. I tried to look at the FF sale last night, looked like her site was crashing though, I couldn't navigate at all. But the sale wasn't too appealing anyway and I'm broke! Not fussed on her new ones either at the moment, maybe they'll be more appealing later on, it does sometimes happen like that!
Those Tonics do look very nice...