Nail polishes for WOC (especially brights)

nazneen372

Which nail varnishes do you like to wear and what's your skintone? I find a lot of bright shades clash with my skin but I love the following shades (I'm NC43)

Bourjois So Laque Nail Enamel in Rouge Diva (cherry red creme)
OPI Can You Dig It? (bright purple cream)
OPI Monsooner Or Later (bright mandarin reddy orange creme)

Beauty Mark

I'm East Asian, and lately, I've been liking Charmed by a Snake by OPI (a caramel shimmer). I'm also a fan of My Private Jet by OPI; I find it's a great black/gray shade

1QTPie

I own almost 150 nail colors. I don't limit myself with shades. I wear whatever I'm in the mood to wear. (I'm 31, NC45, short square nails.)

I order my lacquers online headtotoebeauty.com or 8ty8.com.

I like Rimmel's nail polish for a quick two day color. I use Poshe' top coat for a quick finish and I change my nail color twice a week.
choochoo.gif

China Glaze has great brights too. They don't last long though.

janelovesyou

I'm NC50 and I don't think there are some colors that don't work with WOC. It's just whatever you like at the moment. Right now my favorite OPI shade is Strawberry Margherita, it's a gorgous bright hot pink shade.
1370-1.jpg

brownsuga lady

I'm NC50 and I wear brights, darks, nudes and whatever else catches my eye!

China Glaze has some really pretty colors, also OPI polishes

captodometer

I'm NC50. I'm a veterinarian, so short nails always. But I go back and forth between round and square.

I like dark colors and brights. I stay away from pastels.

Some of my faves:

MAC Nocturnelle
MAC Nightfall
MAC Toast of the Town
OPI Lincoln Park After Dark
Orly Orange Punch
Orly Naughty
Rimmel Pink Punk
Chi Chi Merman
Chi Chi Steel Blue
Chi Chi Game on Mole

LatinaRose

Mmmmm, I love nail polish!! Here's some pics of my faves...

OPI Charged Up Cherry
CIMG3723.jpg

Nicole The Right Thing (a shimmery reddish orange)
CIMG3693.jpg

Nicole City Pretty Rose (my absolute favorite pink)
CIMG3661.jpg

disastarr

i'm an nc 45-50 and i'm wearing OPI's Cajun Shrimp on my toes now. It's a bright orangey coral. I also like OPI's Edin-burgundy, a rich but not too dark redish-burgundy.

Quiana

Girl ALL of them !!
tong.gif

Right now I am into corals, pinks and oranges. Some of my faves are:

Sally Hansen:
Diamond Strength in Kisses
Diamonf Stength in Happy

Orly:
Crush on You
Butterflies
Heatwave

OPI:
Red Hot Ayers Rock
Cajun Shrimp
Mod-ern It Girl
Brights Power

I buy all my OPI on head2toebeauty.com and 8ty8beauty.com for half of what you would pay retail for!
thmbup.gif

Nox

I don't think there's any color a WOC can't wear. That's the beauty of us brown folks; we can get away with anything and make it look good.

With that being said, my favorites colors to wear (no brand in particular) are hot pink, coral, navy, black, soft iridescent gold, nudes, light pinks, reds, wines, burgundies. I tend to do nudish or neutral (black, white, silver) colors on my hands, and bright colors on my feet. The one color I absolutely love is OPI Princesses Rule.