NAKED 3…Yay or Nay?

What do you guys think about the Naked 3 and the rosy/gold tones?
Im not too sure how I feel about it yet. I own the 1 and 2 and although I like them I don't reach for them as much as I should, but I don't regret buying them. I think they are great quality but I wish there were more mattes and less fallout (at least in 1 and 2).

Im light yellow/olive skin tone with very dark brown hair and eyes so I'm not too sure if these rosy colors will look good on me. I don't own any pinks so it would really expand my collection but not sure how much I will like them on myself. Im waiting to see more tutorials to get an idea.

What are your opinions? And experiences with rosy colors? Do you think this palette is worth the money?

novocainedreams

I bought this palette a couple weeks ago now and have used it every day. I own the original Naked and the N3 is my favorite by far. I love the rosy pinks and think this palette far exceeds the other, in my opinion. As far as your skin tone, I can't comment, as I lean neutral-pink in my undertones and am very fair. However, it seems like this palette is really working for most people who get it. I got lucky and it only cost me $36, but I would pay full price after having used it now.

Dolly Snow

For me I love it. The colors all blend well and flatter me. However I do need a white base for some of the shades to show up. All and all it is well worth it.

I bought this palette a couple weeks ago now and have used it every day. I own the original Naked and the N3 is my favorite by far. I love the rosy pinks and think this palette far exceeds the other, in my opinion. As far as your skin tone, I can't comment, as I lean neutral-pink in my undertones and am very fair. However, it seems like this palette is really working for most people who get it. I got lucky and it only cost me $36, but I would pay full price after having used it now.
Great to hear that your enjoying this palette! I will probably end up getting it just because its so tempting since i own the first two. I will try to wait until i can get it using a gift card or discount that way i don't feel so guilty lol

Lynlia

I've been pleasantly surprised by it! I'm on the pale side of light yellow/olive with dark brown hair/eyes and was afraid it would make me look like death, but I was wrong! It's really flattering. I've also had to use a white base or use a few of the shadows wet so they'll stand out more. I think it was worth buying though.

bobbiedoll03

I have heard a few people say it doesn't work well for women of color and I must say I disagree, I love it. I am an NC50 and the colors look beautiful on my skin tone. I am very happy that I purchased it.

ohmissdee

I'm excited to get one now. I lost my N2 and have been relying on my Naked Basics but my sephora finally got a shipment of these!

DeeDee2013

I have heard a few people say it doesn't work well for women of color and I must say I disagree, I love it. I am an NC50 and the colors look beautiful on my skin tone. I am very happy that I purchased it.
Really! I'm NC45 and the colors are gorgeous on my tone. In fact, I prefer pinky tones on my skin any other shade.

Now I don't care for silver, glitter, etc. I believe it looks harsh on me.

LavenderPearl

Nay for right now. I'm NW45 and I love pink and rosy-toned shadows. That being said, I swatched Naked3 and it didn't move me whatsoever. I much prefer the LORAC Unzipped palette! It's cheaper and I think the shadows perform better than any UD shadows I own. :)

elektra513

Nay for me. My skin tone is med-dark, very golden, so rose-gold tones do look good on me, but to me the N3 is more pinky/pastel/cool than rose gold. I've swatched in store and found some of the shadows to be quite chalky as well. I only liked maybe two of the shadows out of the whole thing; nevermind that UD refuses to do more mattes. I have the original Naked Palette and I rarely use it (however it is the best pick for my skin tone out of all the Nakeds). I prefer Stila In the Light to that for similar reasons...Despite my moderate collection of UD products, they are slowly falling out of my good graces, and N3 did not help.

Another vote for Lorac Unzipped!! It has more rose-gold shadows in deeper tones, which looks significantly better on darker skin IMO. UD Naked is "naked" for somebody, but it ain't me, lol!

TheLadyDanger

I am definitely liking this palette. I didn't believe the hype until I saw it in person and swatched them. The pinky tones definitely separate it from the previous two palettes. I am happy with the matte shades, plus there's a satin-like highlight color and "Blackheart" which is one of my favorites in the palette. If I were to pick (after owning all three palettes), I would pick Naked3, Naked and then Naked2.

Kayvona

I had never purchased any of the Naked palettes but when Naked3 dropped and I saw all the hype I finally gave in. I loved the colors when I saw others swatch it so when Sephora finally got it I ordered it immediately. I am NC40 and I have to say the colors just don't work well for me. I actually was very disappointed and not to mention it smelt like Gasoline!!! I couldn't even use it without getting a headache. So it was definitely a Nay for me. I bought Naked a week later and I LOVE it so much more. I only paid $42 but I returned it because that is too much money just to go to waste. I am happy with my Naked Palette and it's all I need right now from the Naked Collection. Next on my list to get is Lorac Pro Palette!!!!

colormefab

Im an NW45/NW46 and this palette does NOTHING for me. I so much prefer the original one more. Im so disappointed because the colors are beautiful in theory but in practice, they're a bust. Might as well add it to my growing kit. :eek:

colormefab

the Lorac Unzipped palette has always been on my wishlist and you guys are putting it at number one. Wish I would've saved my coin for the N3.

DeeDee2013

the Lorac Unzipped palette has always been on my wishlist and you guys are putting it at number one. Wish I would've saved my coin for the N3.
The Lorac Unzipped Palette is gorgeous. Lorac's shadows are so velvety, just a dream to work with. I'm NC 44/45 and the N3 shadows are beautiful on my skin. I have all the Naked palettes and I must say that 1 and 3 are my favorites. Another great Lorac set the Lorac Eye Candy set that was out Christmas 2012.

colormefab

The Lorac Unzipped Palette  is gorgeous. Lorac's shadows are so velvety, just a dream to work with. I'm NC 44/45 and the N3 shadows are beautiful on my skin.  I have all the Naked palettes and I must say that 1 and 3 are my favorites. Another great Lorac set the Lorac Eye Candy set that was out Christmas 2012.  
Thanks for the suggestion. I have the Pro Palette which I LOVE so I already know the quality of the Unzipped Palette will be outstanding.

DeeDee2013

I do not like the Lorac Pro Palette. Ulta had a great on them over the holiday. I believe it was the palette, an eyeliner and primer for less than $40.00 and I could not buy it. I think it's the colors and the size of the shadows that turn me off....shrug!

The UD Vice palette just doesn't make any sense to me....clown colors!!!

kimanhtruong

I MIGHT be having some buyer's remorse for purchasing this. I bought it quickly right once it released online and have barely touched it!! ;-( I think it's because I wear glasses and will opt for a bold lip over eye shadow when I'm lazy!