Napoleon Perdis cosmetics

astronaut

Re: napoleon perdis

The line from Target is called NP Set and the line that was carried at Sephora, and is now also at Ulta, is called Napoleon Perdis. Quality wise, I don't know any difference as I've never tried any.

NP Set has the price range similar to MAC. Napoleon Perdis has the price range similar to Dior, Lancome, etc. So NP Set is supposed to be the less expensive cosmetics line, though not cheap in general. People are paying department store prices but without the aid of any MA's plus any Joe Sixpack (lol) or Tommy Rugrat can fool around with the live products out that I'm sure no one's looking over.

I'm guessing it didn't sell well at Sephora, the contract expired, something... and he just moved on to other distributors. Got to keep making the moneyz!

user79

A lot of NP products are just repackaged La Femme products, which are much cheaper but the exact same thing! I recently found this out on MUA...so I'd look into buying some La Femme which is a fraction of the cost.

simplyenchantin

In regards to napoleon, can anyone recommend a Sparkle Dust #37 (sandy colour) dupe in the MAC range? I like the sparkleyness of it!

simplyenchantin

Re: I heart Napoleon!!

I'm from AU and my housemate has actually done the Napoleon make up course and we both think their products are not any worse than MAC. She's had the loose powders and palletes of regular e/s for 4 years and nothing has gone off or gone chunky..

So yeah that's just my experience with it - also their face primer is awesome!

Ms. Z

Re: I heart Napoleon!!

It's too bad you didn't try them before, Sephora discontinued the line, I got a l/s at 50% & 2 others at 75% off.

I saw their traincase at Saks (I believe they too discontinued this line). and fell in love w/it (It was red), but I couldn't afford it

Now Target is carrying them, but the packaging is much less attractive but still pretty much the same price.

VeryAroma

I might try the La Femme products - I just see what I like on the Napoloen counter. :)

But I am soooo getting the concealer in the jar. I liked it very much. The very nice NP-girl put it on and it beats every MAC Concealer on me a gazillion times. Love it, getting it!

VeryAroma

Being sick can have advantages! ;-) My Mum just brought me these babys as a gift. They go on rather sheer, but they last forever. Really like a lipglass. Love them!
(She got the Lipplumper for herself and I tried it out. It is amazing too! Smells like a cookie, tingels and plumps a bit.)

Napoleon Lip Lacquer in: Tropic Lust, Love Shine, Lolita Lane, Bitten Rouge and Pink Lemonade

anita22

^ Cute! I saw these sets a while ago, I'm a bit annoyed I didn't get one. I also saw they've released mini Lip Lacquers now (they were selling for about NZ$20, which is quite a reasonable price to have a little treat). Very tempting - I love my lip lacquer in Baby Lips!

kippeydale

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryAroma
I might try the La Femme products - I just see what I like on the Napoloen counter. :)

But I am soooo getting the concealer in the jar. I liked it very much. The very nice NP-girl put it on and it beats every MAC Concealer on me a gazillion times. Love it, getting it!

I bought the concealer when it was 75% off at Sephora and I must admit that it is fabulous!

baxterina

Yesterday I got my set Bombshell Tan Set. First I was freaked out after seeing how that sea-star GLOWS. But the powder is really natural, matte or satiny.
No glitter.No orange.
Perfect.

baxterina

Another day of wearing and some better pics that may help ( hope so).
Luckily sea star Bronzer is losing it's glitter face.
It's for everyday wear.
Lotion gives nice glovy skin. It's not Victoria's Secret Show glow, but everyday glow.
Too bad I'm too pale to wear lotion so it goes to my sister.
I wonder if someone can say something good/bad about Bronze Patrol? Eyeing on it :)