Nar Brushes

missmolliecule

The kabuki brushes are amazing!! The botan will change your life and you can use the yachiyo for just about everything on your face.

I also love the eye brushes, specifically #'s 3, 12,13 and 14!

laa_cat

I love NARS eye brushes and believe me, I have A LOT of eye brushes (ranging from MAC, Japonesque and ADesign), and I can confidently say NARS makeup brushes are the most versatile and great quality.

My favorites are small dome eye brush (yet to find another small crease brush which is great at blending small crease area), Push liner brush (the bristle of this is way softer than Japonesque which poked my eye out), smudge brush (a must-have for smokey eyes), and eye contour brush (perfect for placing color in the outer corners).

My next is Yachiyo brush and maybe eye shader brush, but I really think they are worth the investment.

sss215

I got Botan and washed it first like I do all my brushes. I've read reviews about how it sheds and bleeds alot during that initial wash. The color bled, but i had minimum shedding. I was very happy about that!

I didn't find alot of info about how to wash Botan, so I'll post here in case anyone is looking for info.

First thing, very, very, important: save the plastic tube Botan is packaged in. Its a very heavy plastic tube that is perfect for keeping Botan's shape in between washes and uses. Its also perfect for storing and traveling with Botan (if you choose too, its HUGE!) I dried Botan over night and its 95% drive. I slipped it back into the tube for additional drying and shaping.

I washed it with a small drop of shampoo and warm water. In steps I added water to the shampoo as I did not want to douse it with water. I rubbed the shampoo through until the brush was saturated. The shampoo turned burgundy while I was doing this. Its normal.

Then I rinsed with warm water and rubbed the remaining shampoo through, still burgundy. Rinsed again with cold water, as cold water releases soap from hair and fur better than hot or warm water. I did this until the water ran clear. check to make sure all the suds are out. the water may run clear, but some suds may still be in there.

Next, I shook and squeezed the brush dry, with my hand and then with paper towel. I repeated this step until the loose water was out of it. get as much water out as you can to cut down on drying time. some people says it takes 2-3 days, I didn't see that with the way I hand dried it.

Lastly, I propped the brush bristle down next to my makeup organizer on top of paper towels, allowing the water to drain, over night. This morning, i checked for wetness and since it seemed mostly dry, I put the plastic tube back over it and propped it back up over paper towel.

This process really worked for me and I hope this helps anyone who decides to haul Botan! I know I am going to love it!