NARS Amour blush - Formula change

Honey&LemonGirl

Just a heads up to ladies interested in the powder blush in Amour. My roommate was really interested in this color after playing around with mine (which I bought at least 4 years ago) and I bought one for her from a recent Sephora sale. She noticed it was a very different color from mine. It was a darker, pinker color that she didn't like, so we went to exchange it at a store location (thinking that it was just a glitch in labeling or something).

When we swiped the Sephora tester (which looked pretty old), it was the same as my version of Amour (a peachy pink color), but when we asked an employee to open a new one for us, she looked at them all and found out that all of the Amour blushes in stock were that same darker, pinker color that my roommate received in her online order. Only the tester was the old version. She said that NARS probably reformulated the shade, and that she would contact NARS about it.

I think that the formula has changed in the recent years and the color is now much, much more pink. If you're checking out old swatches, you might not get the color you see in the picture. My older Amour blush is more of a true peach pink, but the new version of Amour is more pink/red and darker than before. The peach undertone is basically nonexistent.

I probably should have taken swatches. In any case, hope that helps someone!

Mabelle

i dont know about the old one, but i can confirm that Amour is indeed now a dark pink/reddish blush. there is no hint of peach. I dont know about the old colour, but i LOVE that blush. Its been that ways for a while as far as i know.