Nars blush recs for VERY pale skin

glitterbug86

Hi! I'm looking for some recommendations for the best nars blushes for super pale skin. Nars isn't stocked anywhere near me so I can't see the shades in person. I have very pale cool toned skin (pinkish)... I would prob be an NW5. I have dark brown hair and blue eyes.

I might just get one blush or a few. I think cool toned blushes prob usually suit me better. I have mac well dressed and dollymix so prob don't need anything too similar to either of those. I don't think coral/peach blushes look quite right on me but I haven't tried too many and the cult following of orgasm and deep throat is making me lean towards them anyways! So far I've been thinking of maybe deep throat (is this pinker/cooler than orgasm and maybe better for pale skin?), sex appeal (another peach but it looks so dainty and pretty on pale skin in any pics I've seen!), angelika (is this a good pink for pale skin or is there a better one? I think I'm attracted to the pretty glitter!).

I've also been looking at albatross for a highlight. I have the elf dupe and hate it.. very chunky, chalky and yellow instead of glowy on my skin. I ruled out albatross earlier because even though I'm sure the product itself is better quality than the elf one, I thought the yellow wouldnt look right on my pale pink skin. However I recently got dior amber diamond and the first smallest colour is yellowy and I really like it and have since heard its v similar to albatross.. anyone know if this is true? Or how albatross looks on pale skin?

fleur de lis

I'm pretty pale and similar in skin tone to you, with brown hair also (although I have brown eyes). I'm around an NW10. I can highly recommend Sex Appeal - it's a gorgeous peach colour and looks beautiful on. I'd proabably say it's best suited to us pale girls as it is pretty light. NARS blushes are v pigmented as I'm sure you know, but Sex Appeal is hard to overdo - you don't need to be quite as cautious as with other NARS blushes. I have Orgasm and Deep Throat and reckon you could carry both of those off so long as you use a light hand and go easy. Do you have a skunk blush?

I don't have Angelika or Albatross so I won't comment on them. However, if you're interested in cream blushes I'd recommend Penny Lane. It's a beautiful natual nude colour which would suit you well and be very easy to wear. Don't have albatross so can't comment on that, sorry! I've also heard Douceur recommended for pale skin tones but I don't have it myself.

glitterbug86

Hi and thanks for your help! Sex appeal sounds lovely.. it's not something I'd usually be attracted to but it looks great on pale people in pics and I think it would be nice as a toned down blush. I think I will go for it, I hope it suits me :) Could you tell me a little more about how orgasm and deep throat compare? Which one is stronger and which is pinker/cooler? Which do you think is nicest on our pale skin? I don't think I need both and am leaning more toward deep throat at the moment. The only skunk brush I have is a mac 130 but thats quite small and dense so I don't think it would work with blush. I currently use a Mac 129 or 116 for blush. Do you think a skunk brush is necessary with the nars blushes? I've heard they're very pigmented but I don't think I'm too heavy handed so I should be ok with my usual brushes.. or do you think the effect is still nicer with a skunk brush? Also, which one do you use? I may still get a mac 188 or 187 (if its not too big?) at some point. I just took a look at douceur but I think thats a bit dark and too brown looking for me, but thanks for the suggestion. Also not interested in a cream blush at the moment but thanks anyways.

fleur de lis

Orgasm is more peachy, whilst Deep Throat is more pinky (and slightly cooler). I'd probably suggest you go for deep throat. If you're happy with the brushes you use currently then stick with them. You don't *need* a skunk brush but I find it helps to make sure I don't overdo it. I use the 187 but the 188 might be better. I'd get the blush(es) and see how you like them with the brushes you have and then work out if you need to buy a skunk one. No worries on douceur - I haven't taken the plunge for the exact same reason as you!

Hi and thanks for your help! Sex appeal sounds lovely.. it's not something I'd usually be attracted to but it looks great on pale people in pics and I think it would be nice as a toned down blush. I think I will go for it, I hope it suits me :) Could you tell me a little more about how orgasm and deep throat compare? Which one is stronger and which is pinker/cooler? Which do you think is nicest on our pale skin? I don't think I need both and am leaning more toward deep throat at the moment. The only skunk brush I have is a mac 130 but thats quite small and dense so I don't think it would work with blush. I currently use a Mac 129 or 116 for blush. Do you think a skunk brush is necessary with the nars blushes? I've heard they're very pigmented but I don't think I'm too heavy handed so I should be ok with my usual brushes.. or do you think the effect is still nicer with a skunk brush? Also, which one do you use? I may still get a mac 188 or 187 (if its not too big?) at some point. I just took a look at douceur but I think thats a bit dark and too brown looking for me, but thanks for the suggestion. Also not interested in a cream blush at the moment but thanks anyways.

MarieMary

I definitely recommend Sex Appeal. It's simply perfect for pale skins, and as fleur de lis told you, you can't really overdo it. It looks natural and oh so pretty.
I also have Amour, but this one needs a very light hand to apply and/or the Nars Yachiyo brush. It's is very very pigmented ad pulls slightly more color on me than in the pan.

As far as highlighter go, Albatross is good, and it looks pretty. Copacabana illuminator is alsogreat for pale skins.

I hope that helps. :)

glitterbug86

Thanks everyone. I'm set on both sex appeal and deep throat now. I'm especially excited about sex appeal. I may still get both angelika and albatross aswell. Since sex appeal and deep throat are both more on the peachy side, if I get a third blush then I want to choose something more in the pinky tones (since pinks are a pretty safe bet for me and I will def get plenty use out of it). For that reason I will rule out amour for right now. Nars seems to have 3 pinks: angelika, mata hari and desire. All look like very bright pinks to me and angelika looks like the nicest of the 3 so I think I would choose angelika unless anyone thinks another pink is better or has a recommendation for another shade (I think some of the darker shades may be somewhat pink based).

I'm not familiar with the copacabana illuminator but I just had a quick google and it looks similar to benefit high beam. I have high beam and love that but if they are v similar then maybe I don't need both? It also says its "deceptively sheer" which maybe isn't a good thing.

glitterbug86

Ok I just ordered the 4 of them: sex appeal, deep throat, angelika and albatross. Can't wait till I get them now! Thanks again!

MarieMary

Don't forget to come back here and say what you think about those blushes. :) I'd love to know if you're happy with them or not.

glitterbug86

I will
yes.gif