Nars blushes developing a hard top?

Jayjayy

Hello! I searched and didn't see a topic for this already, so please forgive me if its already been covered.

The majority of my Nars blushes have developed a hard top. I clean my brushes regularly, and even lightly set my foundation so my cheeks are dry when I go to put my blush on but the top layer becomes hard, like a crust, and I have to scrape for any color. I've already scraped them a few times but its getting old. Its happened to 3/5 of my Nars blushes, the exceptions being the LE Pierre Hardy Rotonde blush & LE Coeur Battant. It hasn't happened to any of my other brand blushes.

Is there something I can do to keep them fresher? They are kept in my bedroom in a drawer. Thank you!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
That's very strange. I've not heard of it happening before. Do you live in a humid climate? It's honestly the only thing I can think of offhand, although maybe others might have more ideas. You might want to contact Nars customer service, too. If this has happened to others, I'm sure they've heard about it.

shontay07108

I had that happen to blushes and not just Nars. It happens when your brush isn't completely dry and it comes into contact with the blush. For example, my brush would be a tiny bit wet because it feel into the sink before I put on my blush or I sprayed my face with Fix+ before applying the blush. I keep my blushes in a drawer, too but not all end up like that. Just the ones that I noticed where moisture on a brush was involved. Just try to be more mindful of that. That's my experience, otherwise, I've never heard of that happening.

erine1881

It's also caused from the oils on your skin transferring to your brush and then to your blush. The same thing can happen to your face powder and eyeshadows. You just need to scrape of the hard layer of the powder and you'll be good to go. Just make sure your face is blotted down before you apply the powder to decrease the oils in your skin and minimize the oil transfer. And as Shontay said, make sure all brushes are dry. Pressed powder products aren't meant to come in contact with wet brushes, as it does ruin the product.

Jayjayy

Aww poo maybe I wasn't as careful as I thought I was? Ill give 'em a good scrape and try again, being a lot more careful with my brushes! Thank you for all of the replies & advice
urock.gif

A positive thing to come out of all this was that I've been using my other blushes a lot more, including a lovely one by Illamasqua.