NARS Concealer... Help?

ModelBoy

I've been trying FOREVER to find the perfect concealer for small blemishes and discolorations. I've gone through Stila, LORAC, Smashbox, Murad, a few drugstore brands, MAC, and Urban Decay, and have still not found the perfect one. They've either been too cakey, too yellow, fade too quickly, or don't give nearly enough coverage. Now, I've actually tried the NARS concealer, and loved it. Problem is, within 5 days, it seemed like I had used a lot of the stick already, and for a $21 concealer, that didn't seem very appropriate for how much coverage I actually needed. So, my question is, is this normal? How do people that use this product apply it? I've used both the "draw directly onto the skin" method (for large discolorations or big problem areas) (which I would then stipple with my finger), and the "warm up on the side of my hand/concealer brush" method (for tinier blemishes and under the eye touchups) (however, a TON seemed to be wasted this way, as it would be left on my hand, either dried or just unused in the attempt to warm it up more). Are these the correct methods? Any help here would be greatly appreciated, because I love this concealer, but $21 is just too much for one that would be used up in a short time...

gigiopolis

Either method sounds fine to me, but may not be the best for conservation of product. Try using a brush right from the stick itself, or even use your finger, then directly use it on your face (rather than getting some on your hand first).

kimmae17

iwarm up a small amount on my hand. like about an inch and a half long and a few centimeters wide. i used that alone or mixed with foundation depending on the coverage i need. my concealer has lasted forever. i would suggest just putting on a smaller amount.

Little Addict

I have no idea why this is happening to you.
I've had mine for about 4 years (yeah, I know that's not healthy ... but it still works and hasn't shown any signs of going "bad")
I've used both methods and find that a concealer brush is the best for not over-using it.