Nars cream e/s?

panda0410

Ok, so my very first Nars products came the other day with much thanks to a very special specktrette
winkiss.gif
! I am in LOVE!!! The blush is divine - I got Oasis, and I also got Fire Down Below l/s - my new HG red, and the e/s Night Porter - I dont think I can live without this now!! So, my new wishlist is veeeeeery very long - on that list are the cream e/s - I was looking at Lili Marlene and Nomad - has anyone got/had these and can please tell me what you think of them? I've never been a fan of cream based products because in my experience I havent found a good one yet - but I am impressed with the overall quality of the 3 other products I have.

loci

I have Nomad and I love the color. Its pretty much like MAC Golden Olive but leaning more on the green side as Golden Olive is more on the yellow. The color is much more brighter compared to the olive green in Earth Angel Duo, but the staying poer is not as good as the powder one. I would say around 4hrs the color starts to fade and after 6hrs it will look more like a dark olive green. The base I use is Urban Decay Primer Potion, so it does not crease, but the color does gradually fade out. I usually use it as the second base than put on another layer of olive green e/s.

Right now I really wants to try Fuji.

NARS products are amazing...so easy to get hooked! Lili Marlene and Nomad are both great. I personally use creme shadows as a base for eyes before any makeup application, but these can be used alone too. My fav creme shadow shades are El Dorado and Pearl Beach...check them out too!

XShear

LOVE these shadows! I have Nomad ... it's a gorgeous olive green. For me, staying powder is great and I prefer them over powder shadows.
smiles.gif

iheartangE

With cream e/s, setting them with powder products will help them last much longer. So I say go ahead and try a cream shadow or two and if you need more staying power, sweep a transparent loose powder over them (I use BE's Mineral Veil) to help them last longer without altering the color
smiles.gif
HTH!

panda0410

Ah, thank-you! I am a bit of a pigment freak and I was looking at Nomad as a base for my Golden Olive piggie
winks.gif
I think I might have to try them and see, I already use UDPP as a primary base for everything so if the cream eyeshadows dont crease thats a bonus!

loci Fuji is on my WL!! There are so many things I want now, the blushes are to die for!

It was TOO easy to get Nars hooked - I was actually surprised at the quality! The lippie is gorgeous and I am impressed - it doesnt bleed nearly as much as any of my MAC lippies and with the reds thats so important...lol
winks.gif

Winnie

I love Nars, but I am not a fan of their cream eyeshadows. They just don't stay on even with UDPP, which is crazy. I guess it's different for everyone but I'm sticking with my paint pots.

Kuuipo

I use the cream shadows as bases. I love Nomad with Fuji, ElDorado and Savage go pretty much with anything. Someone mentioned Pearl Beach, this is a gorgeous pearly lavenderpink. It goes great under blue or gray shadows too. I find Urban Decay Primer Potion too dulling to be used under NARS beautiful and often delicate frosts. I like using contrasting colours and layering them. I may use a deep cream like Zing with a paler shadow on top. You can use cream then powder and even another cream on top of that as well. The NARS products are buildable. I have even painted with them on pastel and canvas! They are not meant to be blended to death and muddiness (MAC fans love to blend...) but are meant to be applied uniquely to texture. The "snow based " products are patted and rolled on with a brush, some shadows look better stippled into each other.
There is a great book called MAke Up your Mind by Francois Nars that is a good introduction to the line.

panda0410

Great, thanks for the tips!!!
I get what you mean with buildability - my blush was an experience for first use...LOL...but I just LOVE it!! My Night Clubbing just arrived last week - again with special thanks to a very lovely specktrette! It definitely applies differently to my MAC - I love it!!! I am slowly building my Nars stuff....lol
smiles.gif
Now I have Oasis, Night Porter, Night Clubbing and Fire Down Below - I plan to add to these
winks.gif

Kuuipo

The Multiples can also be used as bases for eye shadow and blush. Colours like Mustique make great highlighters on the cheek and eye as well, and just above the bow of the upper lip along the vermillion border-it makes the mouth look fuller.

elektra513

Bumping to ask...

What brushes are y'all using to apply the cream e/s? I used my SK e/s brush (similar to the 239) today because my concealer brush wasn't working...I wore Grenada and Petula e/s and I like them a lot.

Maybe the 242 or 252 like with paint pots? If so, that just confirms that I need to get one haha.

Thanks!

elektra513

Bump! Update: It appears that fingers work best. I just got Paper Tiger and it looks so naturally gorgeous on my skin tone. Loves it.

I still did get the 242 for my paint pots, though, lol.