Nars FALL 2009 - Lolita collection

mochabean

I wonder how unique Mekong e/s looks when swatched?

I have a lot of brown shades. But I am a sucker for new brown e/s, especially NARS e/s! But I'm trying to be good and only buy what I need! LOL! Easier said than done....so do you guys think its worth it to buy Mekong??? I need someone to swatch it so I can compare it to what I already have!

MzzRach

Silk Road looks really pretty. And the lipstick looks amazing (black-red - YUM), but since all the lipsticks I have ever gotten from NARS seem to go "funky" before their time, sadly I am no longer buying any of their lipsticks. Such a shame since the line has some amazing shades.

pensive

I'm a little confused. If you look on the NARS website it has an ad showing the fall collection and there is a pretty silvery and lighter blue. The only color somewhat similar is the brumes but it really doesn't look like it? Can anyone identify?

nars.jpg

Temptasia

I think it's Brumes...just looks different with different lighting and photo manipulation. I think those colors are supposed to be darker.

laa_cat

A couple comparison pic...
This one is over NARS El Dorado Cream Eyeshadow
NARSfall1.jpg

No base, the shimmer side of Indian summer should be lighter. I had black e/s on my fingers and made it look muddy.
NARSfall2.jpg

1a & 1b is Silk Road, 2 is Hula Hula (Pink side), 3 is Alhambra (Rosy side)
NARSfall3.jpg

You can dupe the frosty side of Silk Road by mixing Hula Hula and Alhambra...

paopao

Mine didn't. Brumes+Mekong are about to arrive!

And I can't wait for Brusses + Eurydice...

Asphyxia

Mekong is my new love. Smokey eyes are effortless with this baby. A little goes a long way. I just picked up Brumes today and can't wait to use it.

monlnd

Re: Nars FALL 2009 scoop???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish79
Temptalia has this Fall 09 collection up. Love it!!

I know - me toooo!!!!

michelle79

I want Brumes & Mekong so bad! I've been trying to cut back on my makeup purchases but I swear the fall is when the best collections come out.

Does anybody have both Mekong & Galapagos? Are they similar?

pokiedot

Mekong is more black than Galapagos... if you have Galapagos and think it's awesome, give Mekong a try. But if you're sort of meh on Galapagos, pass on Mekong.

igswonderworld

Can those that tried Mekong e/s tell me if the texture/finish is similar to the Night series, particularly to Night Rider? I don't really love the rough, chunky Night shadows and if Mekong is like that, I might very well pass on this gorgeous color...