Nars Foundation

Kuuipo

You can't tell by the swatch. I can wear 4 different sades of NARS foundation depending on the lighting conditions and have it look perfect. There is a huge medium range in there- same tone-one may have more olive, one more yellow, one more umber.

saspearia

I love NARS, I use the balanced foundation in Mont Blanc (lighest shade) its a perfect colour match, very smooth, easy to blend. It gives me a bit of a shine but nothing that a little powder can't solve

macmistress

What would you guys recommend for me?

I am a NC37 in studio fix foundation Of MAC and NC35 in the liquid stuff.

I want a NARS one, I am happy with the MAC just not entirely satisfied
ssad.gif
So any recommendations from you experts?
winkiss.gif
plz..

Also, I have always applied foundation with my finger tips...and put it on as a moisturiser..and it blends really well. I don't use alot. Is that wrong? And my eyebrows go all greyish when I put the foundation on. what to do?

Can anyone recommened a good eyebrightener or concealor? so when I wanna do smokey eyes..my whole eye doesnt look like its been punched or something? lol.

And I have a very shiny nose.
th_dunno.gif
any recommendations?

what about lip correctors?

Kuuipo

NARS foundation is measnt to be applied only with fingers-as they can melt the foundation "into" the face for a poreless, streak free look. I don't us the MAC scale to judge skin colour for another line however. It's really best to try on several of the shades in the middle to deeper end of the scale as they all have subtle changes in undertones.

Dreamergirl3

As far as determining your color in NARS vs MAC, it's a safer bet to test it out in person, since as Kuuipo said they have subtle undertone differences.

Using your fingers is fine, a lot of people do that. The only important thing I'd say is make sure your hands are clean.

Your eyebrows go gray probably because the foundation is turning them that way. I like to use an eyebrow brush or spoolie dipped in water to comb the foundation out, or you could just darken them with eyeshadow or brow powder.

For your shiny nose, try blotting papers. There's a whole Recommendations section if you want to ask there. You could probably find some advice about lip correctors there as well or try doing a search.

macmistress

Hmm i went to the nars counter today. Bought 340 pounds worth of makeup! I just didnt buy any foundation,concealors or powders. primers etc. I was not impressed with the lighting - I wanted to test it out in natural day light rather than bright lights everywhere clouding my judgment.!
ssad.gif

baroquely

Stupid question, but how long do you guys find a bottle of NARS foundation lasts? The most I've ever spent on foundation is like $30, and for some reason $41 seems like a big jump for me.
tong.gif

I'm probably going to go online and order as going to Sephora means going to the Mall of America (ridiculous mess of a trip that takes HOURS
cutey.gif
). Shade suggestions for NW15-NW20?

Kuuipo

It depends on how you use makeup. If I am going somewhere that I need to be photographed, I have one layer, then blotted with oil absorbing sheets and more layers added till the colour is flat. For everyday, very little is used. If you are just applying it in one layer a bottle can last months. I would suggest trying shades on because in one shade level there are several variations. For instance a MAC NC20 may wear Barcelona or may wear Budapest or Fiji. Depends how much yellow or olive she has in her skin. If you are a pinkish person, NARS probabley is not the right line....I find Fiji to have less yellow or olive than Barcelona or Budapest.
NARS also doesn't work well with a brush. Melt it in with your hands. The oil free is a bit thicker and has more coverage. It's sunscreen free, so if you need a sunscreen, add a good titanium and zinc sunscreen base under it. Blot before applying foundation. The concealor best for NC 20 would be custard. Nars foundations are very gentle and the oil free is non comedogenic. It's buildable and never streaky, even in the summer. There are antioxidants in the formulation as well.

Paramnesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by saspearia
I love NARS, I use the balanced foundation in Mont Blanc (lighest shade) its a perfect colour match, very smooth, easy to blend. It gives me a bit of a shine but nothing that a little powder can't solve

How pale is that compared to MAC?
I'm about NC15 (probably lighter).

Retrodiva

I use the oil-free foundation, and it is definitely different than most foundations that I've used before. The clay in it definitely makes it a bit on the dry side, but you get used to it quickly. No problems with breakouts, and I have very breakout-prone skin. And it really does last forever, so the price isn't that bad.

califabulous

any new additions to this forum? I've recently been told I have olive undertones and matched to a c8 in mac studio fix powder. MUFE, NARS (I wear macao), Chanel, etc... I am in between every color! too ashy or too dark. revlon caramel (oily) is off in photos....help if you can.

sarahenovak

I personally adore NARS products, and their foundations are phenomenal. I just finished up my bottle of NARS Sheer Glow in "Siberia" and it is literally the only foundation I can wear straight from the bottle without having to mix white in it to make it lighter. I have extremely fair skin and it is so hard to find a foundation that suits me! Every other foundation I use I have to mix with either Ben Nye white cream makeup or MAC Face and Body in white. It's not much of a hassle but if I'm traveling I'd definitely rather just have one little bottle that I know will match my skin perfectly.

As for the formula, I adore it. I find it to be very buildable and natural looking. I usually use my Real Techniques buffing brush to really work it into my skin for a super flawless finish, but it applies beautifully with fingertips, as well. In the summer months I really like to mix it with my facial sunscreen and a little bit of moisturizer for the perfect tinted moisturizer. And I never need powder when I use it (I have relatively dry skin, anyway) I find that when I apply it and let it sit on my skin while I do the rest of my makeup it sets itself and looks lovely.

I highly recommend it to everyone, even people with more of an oily skin. Even though it's called "Sheer Glow" I don't find it to be overly dewy or shimmery at all. It's just very natural looking and looks like your skin but a million times better. And I think the color range is fabulous!

I hope this helps anyone who hasn't tried it but is interested. : )