NARS Foundations- recommendations and reactions

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hey All,

So I tried a couple of the NARS foundations on today and I was intrigued. I'd be curious to know how other people have found them (either the Sheer Glow or the matte version, which was what I tried). I tried on Gobi and Siberia... Siberia was probably a better match, but I think that Gobi would be good once I start to get a little more colour (yup, that's how white I am). Siberia may even be a better match for me than NC15.

Any thoughts on colour matching with other foundations, length of wear, or skin reactions?

Shadowy Lady

I have both Sheer Matte and Sheer Glow and def prefer sheer glow. I find it easier to apply and blend (though u have to use use fingers) and I prefer the satin finish of it. Sheer Matte is a great foundation too but it's just harder to blend. It also might be that I just prefer my skin slightely dewy than matte. Sheer Glow was my HG up until last week when I fell in love with Lancome Teint Miracle <3

I find the shades are all over the place with these foundations though. I wear Santa Fe in Sheer Glow and Fiji in Sheer Matte. Though Fiji is slightely too yellow for me. For some reason the sheer matte shades are all a bit yellow on my skintone :/

WhatWouldJoanDo

I have highly reactive skin and this is the first foundation that hasn't given me a reaction at all. (Sometimes with foundations it looks okay and then if I'm out in the sun the combination causes a reaction - no joke).

I am also prone to breakouts and none (I've been using it almost daily since December).

Deauville Sheer Glow

ADMIN EDIT - Link removed. Please keep promotional URL's in your signature area per forum ToS. Thank you!

fevers

I haven't tried Sheer Matte but Sheer Glow is my HG! It's longlasting (on me at least, combo skin) and looks incredibly natural.

romi79_2008

I bought sheer glow last fall, it`s not working for me. I`m so disappointed with it, it`s one of my most expensive items and it doesn`t deliver.
I didn`t gave up hope yet! My skin is combination to dry, I have some acne scars ( not much 3-4, probably still healing)it won`t cover them, makes the dry spots around my nose more visible, lines too and it doesn`t blend as easy as let`s say mufe or estee lauder, or mac. I used fingers, brushes (109, 131, 188) dry or wet,buffing, stippling, patting i tried use less than more .... I would not spend money on another one ever
It matches really good my skin I`m Nc 20 in mac and Nars Ceylan
I know lot`s of people loves it but I rather use mac or mufe

shadowaddict

I just tried the sheer matte and I didn't care for the coverage. The color match was great. I got Siberia. It did not have much staying power for me. It may just be my skin because I've heard such great things about it. I was so hoping it would work for me.