NARS Goldmember

I have had the Goldmember cream blush for almost a year now.
When I first got into NARS, a makeup artist used it on me as a highlighter and in my giddy state I bought it along with a heap of other things she put on my face. (I'm a bit more discerning now!)
I just can't get this product to work for me!! It's such a pale gold I feel like it's almost too yellow :/

Has anyone got this product? Please tell me - how do you use it? What other products do you use on your cheeks with this?

Any advice would be appreciated!

p.s. I'm a round-cheeked Balanced Barcelona / MAC NC40-42 girl
smiles.gif

kimmae17

i use it when i do a bronzy cheek, i use it to highlight my cheek bone. i think it looks great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner
I've been lemming this for a while, I'm NC35 golden toned and I actually love playing up the yellow/gold in my skin...does it feel greasy on the skin?

Not really. In my opinion, it's got a very smooth texture - and it blends into your skin so easily.

I think my problem is I can't see it after putting it on! Maybe I need to try it out in different lighting..

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Gold Member is James Bond Goldfinger gold. I have swatched it many times and just can't bring myself to buy it, it's not the prettiest shade of gold imho. Perhaps I just don't have the proper undertones to pull it off.

Yeah I know what you mean, it looks more yellow than gold, doesn't it?
I'm always drawn to the look of a product more than anything else.

But I don't think it looks that way when you put it on your face - why don't you get a makeup artist to try it on you next time?
smiles.gif

Escada

I bought this early on in my NARS addiction. I too have nearly swapped this away. Honestly I never use it. However after my collection has grown I can't think of getting rid of it. But the question still remains. How to use it? I have an idea I haven't tried out yet. Maybe we could use it as an eyeshadow base. I now have the Golden Gate blush, which is a powder but would pair well with this cream blush/highlighter. Next time I see Raphael I will ask him. He taught me what to do with the night series eyeshadows when I was lost on them.

kimmae17

again, it looks fabulous as a cheek bone highlight. i wish i had pics of my makeup from the other day i have deep throat blush and goldmember as a highlighg on cheekbone. looked amazing!

Noussie

Does anyone think this wil work on a tanned skin?
I'm a NC44 and i too have been lemming this for ages.
Dont really have access to a NARS counter or anything so there's no way for me to try it.

elektra513

Sorry, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work as a highlight?? Yeah, you wouldn't need a lot to get the effect of candlelit, but that's what Nars is good at. I personally love, love Albatross and use it for the same purpose. It has a gold tone to it, but I'm sure not as much as Goldmember

Highlight:
Browbone
Cupid's bow
Chin
Cheekbone
Bridge of nose

Or use as a base, mix it with other cream shadows, or as a highlight on top of lips after you apply color.

HTH