NARS loves ... sets

mercurysmile

If someone already posted these elsewhere sorry! Feel free to move or delete.

So NARS is releasing two sets for just 1 week:

NARS loves New York
http://www.narscosmetics.com/NARS-Loves-New-York-C663_category_city.aspx

This set includes three shades available only in this special set: Duo Eyeshadow Uptown Girl, a yellow-green shimmer and a smoky charcoal gray, and Nail Polish in SoHo, a modern black grape.

This set also includes Eyeshadow in New York, a sophisticated plum brown and Blush in Orgasm, a sheer, peachy-pink with golden shimmer.

Packed in a "NARS Loves New York" box with a soft zip pouch. A $99 value. Only 100 available. Complimentary shipping.

NARS loves San Francisco
http://www.narscosmetics.com/NARS-Loves-San-Francisco-C664_category_city.aspx

Duo Eyeshadow in Haight Asbury - a metallic green paired with dove gray. Eyeshadow Angel Island - a sheer lilac shimmer. Blush in Golden Gate Bridge - a sheer, shimmering 24k gold and Nail Polish in Alamo - a subtle, sexy, beautiful bronze pink.

Packed in a "NARS Loves San Francisco" box with a soft zip pouch. A $99 value. Only 100 available. Complimentary shipping.

Don't both sets just look gorgeous! They go for $75 for a set and they're only 100 available for 1 week. The gold blush is what really caught my eye. What do you guys think of these sets? Gonna buy? Not gonna buy? OMG gold blush?

allThingsGirl

Thanks! The duo in the New York set looks nice. Does anyone know what the real name is? For example, I think Haight Asbury in the SF set is the old "Ireland" duo which I loved (it was a Fall collection years ago that released Ireland, Babylon, and Arctic with it).

sayah

I love the colours of the NY set! It's not for me though, I've done more than enough shopping for the month,

Rinstar

OK so the SF set is in my cart right now. But I can't seem to find swatches anywhere! These were released in their specific locations (SF and NYC only) quite awhile ago, so you would think there would be swatches. I'm not dropping $75 with no swatches.

WhatWouldJoanDo

I would like the uptown girl duo, since I have two New York shadows (I love this colour) .... I also have this zip case and use it as my travel/in-purse makeup bag: it's small, simple, and I think perfect.I would love just the Uptown Girl duo!

ahhhttack

I'm also interested in the SF set but there really are no swatches anywhere. I think this probably means it was pretty unimpressive haha

EDIT: ok nevermind, I found swatches and ended up grabbing the SF set. Sure, none of it is unique, but I'm a NARS junkie and it's calling my name. And, like someone else said, Haight Ashbury looks like a renaming of the old Ireland duo, which got decent reviews on MUA. The NY set looked less interesting, and I'm not paying for yet another Orgasm lol.

Here's the SF swatches:
http://tsukiei.pixnet.net/blog/post/30997286
Picture of the old Ireland duo (on the right, the one on the left is Elsa):
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hthwT49UflA/Su-lrwMANNI/AAAAAAAAACs/gQeQWoVe0hg/s1600-h/DSC04285.JPG

alexandrarc

I would like the uptown girl duo, since I have two New York shadows (I love this colour) .... I also have this zip case and use it as my travel/in-purse makeup bag: it's small, simple, and I think perfect. Private message me if you are going to get the New York set at 75$ and willing to sell the duo.

I had no idea this was allowed, PM too! I need that nail polish (soho) I'm at alexandra_r_c(at)yahoo.com

laylalovesmac

Bumping this thread for basically no reason but oh my god- I can't believe I missed the NARS Loves SF set!! Why oh why did I go on hiatus? Freaking amazing!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Wow. I just saw this thread for the first time... Two sets for two of my favourite cities. Neither of which was ever available up here. Sigh. SF looks particularly lovely...

MarieMary

NARS will release a new "NARS Loves New York" set starting May 1st 2013.

Eye & Cheek Palette:
Amour Blush
Biarritz Single Eyeshadow
Nepal Single Eyeshadow
New York Single Eyeshadow
Galapagos Single Eyeshadow
Laguna Bronzing Powder

Nail polish:
Chinatown

Lip Gloss:
Dolce Vita

$75, Limited Edition

Source: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:cxL84W0ZHoMJ:buyery.com/nars-hearts-new-york-city/

katred

Specktra Bestie
Lip Gloss: Dolce Vita

$75, Limited Edition

Source: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:cxL84W0ZHoMJ:buyery.com/nars-hearts-new-york-city/
That's the kind of set almost anyone could wear, in almost any circumstances. I'm kind of tempted, although I already have Amour blush (It's a favourite, I'd rather they'd included Dolce Vita, which I don't have).

Don't suppose they'd ever consider doing a "Nars Loves Montreal" set... Or even "Nars Loves Canada"?

MarieMary

Quote: Originally Posted by katred

That's the kind of set almost anyone could wear, in almost any circumstances. I'm kind of tempted, although I already have Amour blush (It's a favourite, I'd rather they'd included Dolce Vita, which I don't have).

Don't suppose they'd ever consider doing a "Nars Loves Montreal" set... Or even "Nars Loves Canada"?

Agreed.

That would be awesome! I think that there will be other sets, but probably not Montréal or Canada, sadly. More like San Francisco or Los Angeles (where the flagship boutiques are).

Edit: My bad. A "NARS Loves Montréal" set is entirely possible. They did make a "NARS Loves Vancouver" set once.

katred

Specktra Bestie
That would be awesome! I think that there will be other sets, but probably not Montréal or Canada, sadly. More like San Francisco or Los Angeles (where the flagship boutiques are).
Edit: My bad. A "NARS Loves Montréal" set is entirely possible. They did make a "NARS Loves Vancouver" set once.
They did???? Wow. I totally missed that one! Of course, if it means that they'd have to open a flagship store here in order to do a "Nars Loves Montreal" set, I would be willing to accept that...
yahoo.gif

MissTT

Shoot. I think Amour would be too light for me. Maybe I'll pick it up for my daughter although I'm hoping for another 6-pan blush palette for the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. Such an economical way to feed her NARS blush fix.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Shoot. I think Amour would be too light for me. Maybe I'll pick it up for my daughter although I'm hoping for another 6-pan blush palette for the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. Such an economical way to feed her NARS blush fix.
Have you had a chance to swatch it in person? It's hard for me to guess, being such a pasty-face myself, but Amour is very pigmented, so I think it would show up on a lot of skin tones.