NARS makeover

katred

Specktra Bestie
So NARS here has an event going on the first weekend in March where you can have your makeup done as long as you purchase any two products.

Has anyone else here had a NARS artist do their makeup? Any feedback? (I know, it's different everywhere, but I think it would be fun to hear about anyway.)

I have to pick out two products to buy as well...
rasta.gif

So far, I have:

Ashes to Ashes e/s
Night Clubbing e/s
Mekong e/s
Eurydice e/s duo
Celebrate e/s pencil
Downtown l/g
Deep Throat blush

Since I haven't tried a lipstick yet, I'm thinking of getting one of those, but I'm open to suggestions. What kind of products would suit a pasty-faced girl who's into trying anything?

WhatWouldJoanDo

A few times. I loved it. Actually I think it saves time and money because they are always spot-on as to what is most flattering for you - talking about 'wardrobing' with your make up; they consider your personal style.... I would go wearing something that represents you and your style well....
I would get what they use and recommend on that day.

:)

cheers!

... pasty-faced eh? have you tried the NARS sin blush?

User38

katred, NARS is famous for his ls as well as blushes.. the reds are fabulous and Deep Throat is a staple.. although I like Sex Appeal too..

the new ls are not my cup of tea though... the formula is great tho (I am ref the Mattes).

ReiRei

One of my friends had her makeup done during a Nars makeover event in UK. She didn't like it cos she thought the makeup was too dramatic..I suggest you tell the MA exactly what look you are after.

There are so many products I love from Nars, my list will be endless :p

Shadowy Lady

I've had my makeup done at Nars a few times. Nars is my fave brand so I'm also biased toward their makeover, lol! My MA is awesome though and she knows what I like. She's done full on smokey and then more neutral with bold lips and each time she did a great job.

Some of my fave Nars products:

- Sheer Glow Foundation
- Niagara l/s
- Schiap l/s
- Sex Machine mvp
- Dragon Girl mvp
- Desire blush - apply this lightely
- Gilda blush
- Cordura e/s duo
- Jolie Poupee e/s duo
- Bali e/s

WhatWouldJoanDo

So how did the NARS artist makeup work-out?! :)
So NARS here has an event going on the first weekend in March where you can have your makeup done as long as you purchase any two products.

Has anyone else here had a NARS artist do their makeup? Any feedback? (I know, it's different everywhere, but I think it would be fun to hear about anyway.)

I have to pick out two products to buy as well...
rasta.gif

So far, I have:

Ashes to Ashes e/s
Night Clubbing e/s
Mekong e/s
Eurydice e/s duo
Celebrate e/s pencil
Downtown l/g
Deep Throat blush

Since I haven't tried a lipstick yet, I'm thinking of getting one of those, but I'm open to suggestions. What kind of products would suit a pasty-faced girl who's into trying anything?

katred

Specktra Bestie
It worked out really well, actually. It was really tricky to get photos of the finished look, but I was really impressed. I think they were happy to have someone who wanted something dramatic, because I always like people using their imagination when I go for a look.

She gave me a dark green smoky eye, using Night Porter (I love the whole "night" series shadows), along with the Tokyo duo for some structure and the green side of the Iceland duo for highlights. It looked really nice. She used Laguna bronzer on my cheekbones and around the contours of my face generally, which made them really pop. On my lips, she used Tashkent velvet matte lip pencil thingy and Greek holiday gloss. She was also nice enough to give me a complete face chart, which I've never gotten before.

Here's one image. It doesn't really capture the look, but it's sadly the best that I was able to get.

gabi03

Yes I love getting my makeup done at the NARS counter, i have a NARS rep I love to work with and she does a great job. She always knows I like to use new products and things I don't have and she's a great listener/teacher. Like someone said, you need to know when to speak up and say what you want, that way you will leave happy.

WhatWouldJoanDo

Fantastic!!!! I love how the night series was used. Dramatic and completely flattering/beautiful. Thanks for sharing the details.
Glad you had a great day!

ReiRei

Katred, you looked beautiful in this makeover! luuuuuv the conturing!

So what did you end up getting?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks ladies! If you'd like to see a more detailed breakdown of what she did (along with a really gnarly picture of what I look like on a bad morning), I have a write-up posted on my blog. (Link is in my signature below- it's the most recent post, so it should be right on the top.)

BeckyBenett

u look great katred.. im loving your eyes.. im nw lemming after the night series shadows... sigh.. my poor wallet..