NARS 'Pure Radiant' Tinted Moisturizer

MarieMary

I agree with MarieMary. I have light medium skintone that goes from NW20 ish in winter to NW30 in summer. I can wear shade Alaska all year long though coz it's sheer enough. However, my very pale sister (who's too pale for MAC, prob NW10 or so) got a sample of Light 1 in Nars TM and it is still too dark for her even if she wears it very sheer. We both love Nars but she's still annoyed at this TM business and lack of lighter shades.
I have the same skintone as your sister. It's a pain to find something suitable, especially when stores just don't carry the lightest (or darkest) colors, and SAs downright lie to you and say a shade matches just to make a sale. Or better yet they tell you to apply foundation on your ears, eyelids, neck and chest "so that everything matches". No thank you.
Maybe your sister has already, but she can turn to mineral foundations; they tend to offer really light shades. :)

Shadowy Lady

I have the same skintone as your sister. It's a pain to find something suitable, especially when stores just don't carry the lightest (or darkest) colors, and SAs downright lie to you and say a shade matches just to make a sale. Or better yet they tell you to apply foundation on your ears, eyelids, neck and chest "so that everything matches". No thank you.
Maybe your sister has already, but she can turn to mineral foundations; they tend to offer really light shades. :)
ya I know some SA's are just not educated enough IMO. She uses Bare Mineral actually as her everyday foundation. But she's a big Nars fan too and had great hopes for the TM which sadly doesn't suit her

shellygrrl

Staff member
I just posted an image on my blog, but here it is for all of you!  Finland is on the left and terra neuve is on the left
Thank you! They do look very similar to each other, IMO.
I got the Chantilly concealer and the Terre Neuve PRTM. Here are swatches:  First on the left is the Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly, next is the Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Terre Neuve which is much darker. And for comparison the next swatch is Diorskin Nude in 010 Ivory which is their lightest colour & it's a bit darker than the Terre Neuve. When the I blend the PRTM out on my face it actually does look like a match, well almost. These swatches are very heavy. But ya I don't understand why Nars just doesn't make a light PRTM colour like the Chantilly concealer. I wonder what they think the Chantilly concealer goes with....
Chantilly would go with Siberia and Mont Blanc in the foundation ranges. I could not get away with TN at all. Methinks I'll be buying another tube of Bobbi Brown Oil-Free TM instead.
The thing that you guys also need to realize is that it is a tinted moisturizer and therefore very, very sheer and as such you can get away with a color that may not be exactly what you need. I'm very picky about my foundation shades matching perfectly, but I'm a bit more lenient when it comes to a tinted moisturizer. 
I understand that. However, on my very fair, Siberia skin, the TM would make me look like an oompa-loompa. It's not light enough, and it's the wrong undertone. I mentioned the Bobbi Brown Oil-Free TM above. I can wear Alabaster Tint in that one and, while it's a teensy-bit dark, it's the correct undertone, and it looks fine on me once it's blended out.
Everything is more noticeable on very light skin: hairs, peach fuzz, pimples, acne scars, redness, veins, etc...
Exactly.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I finally got to swatch Terre-Neuve yesterday. It is very, very, very close to Finland in colour, but it's noticeably pinker and the pink undertone makes it look brighter. If you're a lot paler than Finland, this won't be much of an improvement, but if Finland was just a little off for you (as it was for me), this will work better. I was quite ready to be disappointed, but the slight variation makes it a better match for my skin tone.

PeppermintMocha

It is quite frustrating to get skin matched to anything NARS for those NC 25-30. I always fall in between two shades and MUAs would always give me different answers to which colour I am. I was torn between Alaska and St. Mortiz for this tinted moisturizer and it took me a few trial and errors before I settled onto St. Mortiz for the summer, in case I get a bit tanner.

trayceeee

I picked up this moisturizer earlier this week during the VIB event along with the loose setting powder. I originally got a sample of Seychelles. I wore it a few days but in the car mirror, my face seemed much redder than my neck and chest. I picked up Malaga and it is perfect and matches really nicely. For reference, I tend to be around NC45 in Mac. I feel in the winter I lean a little lighter.
I have to say, an unbeatable trio for me is now my TM, radiant creamy concealer and set with the powder.

I'm officially a NARS convert!

Ashleybubbles83

I've been using this a lot more, setting it with MAC's mineralize skinfinish natural. It definitely is better for the summer heat!

LILYisatig3r

I definitely agree that it applies better with fingers. It blends really well and the application is fast and quick in the mornings. Which I love.
For me, tinted moisturizers always felt kind of oily and slick. Before I tried this one, I used Bobbi Brown's tinted moisturizer and it felt the same. But then again, I've always just used light moisturizers and hate the feeling of heavy moisturizers. So maybe it's just me. I think it takes some getting used to because I've been using it for a while now and the slickness doesn't really bother me anymore. So I guess it's something that one can get used it. =)
I agree! I've been using it since I originally posted in this thread, and it doesn't bother me at all now. I also switched to using Blot Powder to set it rather than Careblend and I feel like it's lighter now.

Knope2012

I've been using this for a few weeks and I like it so far. It's not a perfect match for me formula-wise because I still need to blot in the afternoon, but I really like everything else about it

Latest posts