Nars Summer 2009

ABB113

From this collection I'm picking up Scorching Sun and that's it :) I really wanted to love Tropic, but I just can't stand the fallout....gorgeous color, though, for sure! Would have been phenomenal sans glitter!

michelle79

I finally got my hands on Tropic. I agree that the glitter is a bit overwhelming but I just tap my brush & most of it falls off. It's a really beautiful color.

Krasevayadancer

I actually received both scorching sun and tropic as a gift (love).

I think both are fantastic. Sure tropic is glittery, but the color is too stunning to pass up, and most glitter falls off leaving the matte teal shade.

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisone
I bought Tropic before reading this thread. After reading the response about the eyeshadow I was afraid that I would have to sell it. I received Tropic in the mail today. The glitter is chunky but I got rid of it with a fan brush. The color is lovely especially when applied wet.

The glitter in tropic is meant to be applied in a patting, rolling motion over a cream base, its not a blending thing,,,,Night Snow and Night Sun are like that too...

VioletB

Ok I don't even care about the glitter in Tropic.. I got it yesterday and I LOVE the color.. I also got Scorching Sun and Tonga lipliner.. and I am OBSESSED. I love Nars!! I wore the Scorching Sun out to dinner with friends and everyone complimented it.. Neither Tropic nor Scorching Sun is like anything we make at mac.. and PS..Tonga lipliner is seriously gorgeous.. It's like my own lipcolor but 10x better!! Ugh. Love this stuff. My friend at the Nars counter even gave me a little GWP.. a mini duo sided gloss in Striptease/Orgasm! Love Nars.

igswonderworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
Ok I don't even care about the glitter in Tropic.. I got it yesterday and I LOVE the color.. I also got Scorching Sun and Tonga lipliner.. and I am OBSESSED. I love Nars!! I wore the Scorching Sun out to dinner with friends and everyone complimented it.. Neither Tropic nor Scorching Sun is like anything we make at mac.. and PS..Tonga lipliner is seriously gorgeous.. It's like my own lipcolor but 10x better!! Ugh. Love this stuff. My friend at the Nars counter even gave me a little GWP.. a mini duo sided gloss in Striptease/Orgasm! Love Nars.

Oh lucky you!!! I have to wait for one more month to get the spring collection!!! And striptease & orgasm duo gloss??? Jealous!!!!

OK just kidding, enjoy those babies!!
thmbup.gif
And please post a FOTD, I'm dying to see scorching sun and tropic with tonga!!

MiCHiE

She's very pretty, but that shadow would look better patted on with the glitter intact (even though it's huge). It just looked like a lighter version of Plumage otherwise. Am I the only one getting a Lovita Alizé Jenkins vibe also?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
She's very pretty, but that shadow would look better patted on with the glitter intact (even though it's huge). It just looked like a lighter version of Plumage otherwise. Am I the only one getting a Lovita Alizé Jenkins vibe also?

Muhahahahahahahahahaha!

michelle79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
Am I the only one getting a Lovita Alizé Jenkins vibe also?

If you're getting at what I think you are, that is one of the main reasons I don't watch her videos. Ugh.

miss_primer

Lovita is a character on The Steve Harvey Show. The show is no longer on the air as far as new episodes. You can still catch some old episodes. It seems they are using the character Lovita as a nice way to say that Ateeya is ghetto or a around the way girl or hood. I dont feel that way though. I think that she is really class lady. I watch her videos. I dont get that vibe personally at all.

Latest posts