NARS Summer 2010 - 4/15/2010

Janice

From the press release:

883106ff.jpg

The NARS Summer 2010 campaign was created and photographed by NARS Founder and Creative Director François Nars. Once again, as with the Spring 2010 collection, Amber Valletta sits at the forefront of the campaign. Her look transformed into François’ vision of Catherine Deneuve’s character Sèverine in the movie Belle de Jour.

“Her character is beautiful and elegant. Her look is effortless—she has an incredible inner sophistication,” says François.

Available April 15th @ narscosmetics.com

• Enchanted Cream Blush, $26 - A soft-peach cream blush that delivers a hint of shimmer and smooth, silky color
  • Burn It Blue Duo Cream Eyeshadow, $32 - This iridescent ocean-blue paired with turquoise creates a lively duo cream eyeshadow
  • Cayenne Cream Eyeshadow, $22 - A spicy, deep brown cream eyeshadow that is intensely rich yet carries a weightless texture
  • Love Devotion Lipstick, $24 - A nourishing, long-lasting sheer guava lipstick
  • Coup de Coeur Lip Gloss, $24 - Just like the French phrase it’s named after, this shiny, sheer apple-brandy tinted lip gloss is sure to yield love at first sight
  • Lamu Multiple, $38 - A fresh, glazed-apricot shade with gold sparkles to create shimmering accents
  • Versailles Nail Polish, $16 - Regal and opalescent, this champagne-gold nail hue shimmers, creating a light-catching tint and gilded sophistication

4a49db89.jpg

mac_aiken

I saw this in person yesterday and picked up a couple of pieces. The collection is gorgeous. I got:

Burn It Blue cream e/s duo-HOT, HOT, HOT
Enchanted cream blush

I may go back and pick up the multiple later. It does have some obvious glitter in it (or at least the tester did) so if that isn't your thing you may want to pass on this one.

Versailles polish reminds me of OPI's Blonde Date which I have so I skipped this.

I was delighted to see that they are also re-promoting Cleo e/s duo with this one as it is one of my faves.

vc1079

The multiples for the summer collection are GORGEOUS, bright pink?! bright red?! Ah dies to have them.
drools.gif

But i think its Summer/ Fall collection =( " waits"

mac_aiken

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc1079
The multiples for the summer collection are GORGEOUS, bright pink?! bright red?! Ah dies to have them.
drools.gif

But i think its Summer/ Fall collection =( " waits"

I asked my MUA about this and she said they aren't multiples per say but are gel cheek stains/colors. I can't wait to see these.

Shadowy Lady

I'm attending a cosmetics event at out local Bay this Thursday and my Nars MA called me to say that they will have the summer collex in. I'm so excited for Thursday already!!

shontay07108

I want Love Devotion more than anything else. I will probably pick up other items piece by piece but I want that lipstick now! I will check Sephora and if they don't have it (most likely they won't), I'll either go to bloomies or nordies and if all else fails, order from Sephora's site.

mac_aiken

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I want Love Devotion more than anything else. I will probably pick up other items piece by piece but I want that lipstick now! I will check Sephora and if they don't have it (most likely they won't), I'll either go to bloomies or nordies and if all else fails, order from Sephora's site.

I think that color is just gorgeous and will look amazing on you.

Save yourself a trip to Sephora as the stores don't have this yet. Nordies does though (at least mine did). That is where I picked up my pieces.

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken
I think that color is just gorgeous and will look amazing on you.

Save yourself a trip to Sephora as the stores don't have this yet. Nordies does though (at least mine did). That is where I picked up my pieces.

Thanks.
winkiss.gif
I figured Sephora probably wouldn't have it, but of course, I dwell there anyway. My Nordstroms doesn't have a Nars counter
shockt.gif
. There is one in Saks, though and I played with Love Devotion there. It's pretty. It actually reminded me of Dressmaker Dressmaker from Mac. I left it behind though because I spent a lot in Mac. I will get it soon, though. Love Nars.

ThePowderPuff

Has anyone tried the cream blush? It looks sooo pretty in the pan, but I am afraid it will be to pale on me bases on Temptalias review.

mac_aiken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjamo
Has anyone tried the cream blush? It looks sooo pretty in the pan, but I am afraid it will be to pale on me bases on Temptalias review.

I have it and I love it. For reference I am NW15/N2 in MAC foundations. It is a gorgeous soft peachy color but not bright if that makes any sense.

Nastka

I had a play around this morning with the Summer collection and the Lip Sheers. The new primers are already out, too, but they were of little interest to me (although the promo pic with Nars' dog was cute!). No Multiple tints as of yet.

So here are my thoughts. Enchanted has the most wonderful colour and texture. It was on the top of my list of Lemmings. But it's incredibly shimmery / glittery in my opinion. There are huge chunks of it, and given that this is a cream blush they can't be simply tapped off your brush or blended away. Same goes for the Lamu, the flecks of shimmer are huge. Love Devotion is a lovely, bright colour, but I didn't swatch the lippies (I wear braces, so I don't want to draw attention to my mouth). Burn it Blue, however, is gorgeous! It seems really easy to blend, and is highly pigmented. It's pretty enough to have in your collection even if you're not going to use it. The only reason I didn't get it is because I'm not sure if it would crease. Versailles is gorgeous. One coat leaves a sheer finish, whilst two are enough for good coverage. It'll suit most skin-types, cool and warm, and I'm sure I'll pick it up shortly. The Lip Sheer Treatment lipsticks are exactly that - sheer. Most look the same to me. If you are looking for colour, ignore them. The texture, however, is nice. Very balmy.

Did I buy anything? No. But I ordered the Firming Foudation and Loose Powder online to get a 30ml sample of Body Glow II. BTW, Siberia in the Firming Foundation is the only ideal foundation match I got after 9 years of looking. Sheer Glow and Sheer Matte in Siberia are much more yellow toned.

kc8

When the promo pics came out I was super excited and couldn't wait to get my hands on this collection -- I must say I was disappointed. The blush and the multiple stick colors were amazing. However it was both loaded with glitter. As the previous post says, you can't brush or blend it out. Not work friendly for me. If you love glitter, then you'll love this. The Enchanted cream blush is a gorgeous coral color. It looked even more gorgeous with Orgasm blush over it. The Lamu Multiple is a very pretty golden bronzy color but again loaded with glitter but maybe if you sheered it out and applied lightly it could come out pretty. I almost purchased Love Devotation but I felt it was sorta similiar to MAC's Dressmaker Dressmaker so I skipped.

mac_aiken

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8
When the promo pics came out I was super excited and couldn't wait to get my hands on this collection -- I must say I was disappointed. The blush and the multiple stick colors were amazing. However it was both loaded with glitter. As the previous post says, you can't brush or blend it out. Not work friendly for me. If you love glitter, then you'll love this. The Enchanted cream blush is a gorgeous coral color. It looked even more gorgeous with Orgasm blush over it. The Lamu Multiple is a very pretty golden bronzy color but again loaded with glitter but maybe if you sheered it out and applied lightly it could come out pretty. I almost purchased Love Devotation but I felt it was sorta similiar to MAC's Dressmaker Dressmaker so I skipped.

I have Enchanted blush and can tell you that there is no glitter visible on my face after I apply it. I work in a VERY conservative field and office and can't wear anything too OTT to work. This blush gives a nice gentle glow and is easily one of my favorite NARS products already.