natural nails, at-home french manicure

redheaded chiro

Hello beauty divas!

I have been an athlete and a bookworm all my life and never cared about my nails. But, I just graduated from chiropractic college and got married :) so I have personal and professional reasons to finally put forth some effort to research how to get the best at-home french manicure over my natural nails. How sexy are long manicured nails!!? I never realized until recently :)

I have tried a few conventional ways with good ol' fashioned polish and it simply isn't worth the effort. They chip in no time, even with high-quality polish. I need the best solution, but I realized that now we have amazing organic nail solutions gels, powders with vitamins and minerals, etc. but considering cost, quality and inexperience- I need help.

There are so many women who know all about this, but I am just freakin' clueless and refuse to go to a salon due to toxicity (allergies to chemicals) It's hard to know who to believe in marketing on sites I research or even reviews from consumers/professionals using these lines exclusively... So I thought tapping into this forum could help and thanks for any help.

I do not need advice on how I would be better off with false nails, but I appreciate their luxury and appeal. I need help with my natural nails- they are long, extremely translucent and flexible. Once in practice, I will go fairly conservative with length and I am only interested in french manicure, not into colors at this point. I love being a girl more and more every day and I want that clean look of subtle contrast!

Thanks ladies <3 xoxo
-Redhead

kimmy

Transparent nails are usually a sign of some type of deficiency in the body. You may want to look into getting a blood test & maybe checking with your doctor in regards to vitamins & supplements you may need to take. Your nails can tell you A LOT about your overall health! Biotin works for almost everyone, but it'll take a while to start seeing a change. For some people it takes a few months & it can also cause acne. Calcium should help with the transparency issue & will help make your nails stronger, but again check with your doc before you start taking anything. Good luck!