Naturaly Black Hair.. Can I Dye It ??

itslikewhoa

ITS BLACK ..NOW I WANT TO HAVE SOME HIGHLIGHTS OR SOMETHING IN MY HAIR ... BUT IS IT SAFE TO HAVE THAT IN MY HAIR ?? BECUZ ITS SO DARK TO BEGIN WITH ? AND IF SO WUT COLORS WOULD LOOK OK ???

000_8161.jpg

THATS MY HAIR.. I HAVE TO FLAT IRON IT EVERYDAY BECUZ ITS NATURALY CURLY ..ALSO WOULD THAT RUIN MY HAIR ? I KNOW THERES A BILLION QUESTIONS I ASKED LOL

user3

yes, using a flat iron will cause damage but that's with any kind of heat. Just use a heat protector. Redken has a product that is part of their Smooth down line called heat glide! Great product! As for a leave in conditioner L'Oreal Vive smooth intense leave in is really good!

Yes, you can color your. All my sister'nlaws color their hair and they have dark hair like you. One has her hair even lighter than mine. It's a light brown with blondish highlights. Another one has just red highlights. The third one has a mix of red and blonde highlights and the fourth one has an all over color that is a deep red but she still has the dark base color.

I personally reall like your hair color just how it is
smiles.gif

If you want to change the color a mahogany color would like nice or even mahogany highlights. I wouldn't go too light because it could be a very big change. Maybe go to a salon or beauty supply where they have color swatches and hold them up to your face to see which ones you like. Some dark red right around the face instead of all over is another option.

BTW I love your eyebrows!

itslikewhoa

aww thank u very much !
smiles.gif
i get them threaded
smiles.gif

so dont get a color thats 2 light ? how about a carmel color in highlights??

so_siqqq

If you want natural looking highlights they should be at most two shade lighter. For more of a contrast try red/purple toned highlights or you could do gold copper highlights.