NC45-NC50 help!!!

sunnidee13

Hello! I am new here and was wondering if some of you can post pictures of people who are NC45-NC50? I am unsure on which one I am, so the pics might help. Thank you.

lilMAClady

Hope this helps! (I'm Nc45) Always go to a counter in the end though, because sometimes you can be a NC45 in one product and an NW or another number in another.
smiles.gif
Good Luck!

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...o/GEDC0176.jpg

sunnidee13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMAClady
Hope this helps! (I'm Nc45) Always go to a counter in the end though, because sometimes you can be a NC45 in one product and an NW or another number in another.
smiles.gif
Good Luck!

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...o/GEDC0176.jpg

This helped ALOT b/c ive seen pretty light people with nc45 and you are basically the same-ish coloring asme, so yay!! everyone keep sending more pictures so i can get more ideas!! thanks lilMAClady!!!

lilMAClady

You're welcome! The the NC45 Studio Fix powder is really light in the pan, but it goes on to match you lol so maybe that's how it works. I don't know, but I'm glad I could help!
winks.gif

chocolategoddes

I'd say go to a counter and check it out. Its weird cuz I got diagnosed :p with an NC50 and I kinda think I could be an NC45 now in the winter. YOu can look at my fotds. Not very accurate pics of my true skin color but you can get the idea.

elongreach

I bought a ton of stuff a couple years back in NC/NW 45, but I feel like it's too dark IMO. I leave out of the store and always feel made up. It doesn't seem to match. My pic is in my avatar.

captodometer

I'm NC50; my photo is in my avatar. I stay at NC50 most of the year, but go to C7 at the end of winter. And NW45 at the end of summer. No difference between foundation formulas for me.

I'm not really dark, but I am really yellow-orange. With lack of sun exposure during the winter, I lose a lot of the orange and become much more yellow. And after having baked all summer, the yellow disappears and the red in the orange is amplified.

It's not unusual to have your foundation shade change from season to season. There's a really good thread on here about foundation equivalencies; you should definitely check it out.

Honey B. Fly

im an nc45 and i am dark tan with gold/yellow undertones, i look lighter then everyones pictures i see in this thread too i think, u really need to just test foundation out, its like the hardest makeup product to buy without ever testing

blazeno.8

You'll probably get a lot of information in the FOTD and Swatch forums. I'd just go there and in the search type in the color you're looking for. Some people list the foundation that they use in the FOTD forum and *a lot* of people type in the color they wear in the Swatch forum.

priss

there is a good chance you are more than one shade. i maintain at least at least a six foundation rotation at all times. the products account for the time of year- even though it seems to be summer for like 9 months of the year in texas. the range also accounts for the type of day my combo skin feels like having. last, i have to factor in the "look" im going for. for a daytime look, studio tech is fine. for a more formal look or an occasion thats going to be photographed, i might do mac studio fix fluid with studio fix powder on top and set with blot.

faifai

jewel2.jpg

gold9.jpg

blue6.jpg

I'm NC45. But, as you can see, different lighting conditions/flash settings can really change how I look. Your best bet is to go to the counter and try foundation on in person.

sunnidee13

ughh. i am darker thank you, fai fai, like a shade, but im significantly lighter than other people who are NC45. the jump from nc45 to nc50 seems kinda big to me. After looking at all the pictures, from everyone, and the swatches i've seen on maccosmetics.com, it think im NC45. i were to try NC50 i know it would be much too dark. thanks for all your help!!!!
thmbup.gif

captodometer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnidee13
the jump from nc45 to nc50 seems kinda big to me. After looking at all the pictures, from everyone, and the swatches i've seen on maccosmetics.com, it think im NC45. i were to try NC50 i know it would be much too dark.

Ignore the MAC product descriptions and swatches: they are terrible! The information and pictures that we have all given you are much more reliable
yes.gif

Blushbaby

I'm an NC50 in the Satinfinish foundation (which I think is now my HG foundation) which matches me perfectly.

Here's a (silly) pic of me.

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
I'm an NC50 in the Satinfinish foundation (which I think is now my HG foundation) which matches me perfectly.
[/IMG]

Satinfinish doesn't make you oily?

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeshieShimmer

Nope ..my skin's combo and it makes me glow (and I'm not talking oily). I have it on in the pic I just posted. Been using it since early Dec and I really like it. I just need to find a concealer that I get along with, but I'll deal with that when I visit NY in a few wks.

What I like about it is it gives good coverage and I don't feel too made up when I have it on. People are like "You sure you've got foundation on??" They can't even tell!

NubianHoneii

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeshieShimmer

I'm a NC 50 as well

I find satinfinish to be a bit lighter then all other NC50 foundations, so I wear a bronzer with it.

But, I do find it to make me a tad bit oily. I only use it when my skin goes through a dry spell.

MACaholic76

I'm NC 45 and my pic is in my avatar...although that photo was taken when I was a bit darker so I had on a different foundation.
Whenever I'm around my manager she insists on throwing NC42 or 43 SF or other foundations on me but they just end up looking ASHY as hell. The key is to match your foundation to the darker areas of your skin and as women of color, we usually have different tones going on throughout our skin. How fun, right? (sarcasm)

Caramel_QT

I wear NC45 in Fix and Tech. That is me in my av and here are a few more shots of me...not very pretty pics, but it may help you...

fotd004.jpg

Christmas07012.jpg

closer view of my av:
Christmas07003.jpg

Good luck finding your shade!