Need advice please...

Floox

Hey everyone, I need your advice on something.
Im currently working as a nail tech and hating every minute of it
ssad.gif
Ive always wanted to be a makeup artist and its my passion but I could never afford a course. Ive been saving up but still dont have enough. So now I have a choice. Either carry on like I am or try getting a job at a makeup counter or work for free with a photographer to gain experience. Thing is I dont have the tools for the trade.My manager wants to send me on a 3 day makeup course to learn the basics for brides, evening, mature skins and dark skins... Is that enough to get me started?(note that ill still be working as a nail tech) Or what should I do to follow my dream?

duddelle

The 3 day course sounds like a great start aka enough to cover your butt. Your passion to make it gorgeous will guide you if you get stuck. Stick to what you know and do best. How-to books at books-a-million or somewhere can fill in the blanks. How long is the unpaid gig with photographer? I would take it. You can work at a counter afterwards.

Ciara

I say ... take advantage of your manager's offer to send you to a 3 day course. Atleast you'll learn the basics and everything else you can pick up as you go along.