Need concealer and foundation recomendations

Star

I love Clinique Perfectly Real Makeup. Very natural finish. Never cakey on me. My skin type is similar to yours. For concealer I use Line Smoothing, also by Clinique. Another great Clinique foundation is Gentle Light, it really does give the skin a beautiful glow, but it may not be as much coverage as you'd like.

I use MAC and Clinique about 50/50.

From MAC I use Select SPF 15 (more coverage than your Select Tint, which is basically a tinted moisturizer) and I love Select Moistureblend (once again, maybe not enough coverage since it is a bit sheer). I love their Select Moisturecover concealer.

Hope that helps!

mj

i am a tried-and-true lover of studio fix foundation. i dont think i'll ever stray from it. as for concealer, i still haven't found one type that i really like.

mj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star
Tell me more about StudioFix!

it's pretty full coverage. i have crazy dark circles under my eyes so concealer is needed there, but other than that i love it. it leaves a light powder finish that stays for most of the day. since i'm in socal and its fuckin hot as hell out here during this time of year i usually carry blotting sheets or mac blot powder with me to keep shine down. but indoors it'll last you all day. i have combo skin and some serious shine in my t-zone thanks to my 1/4 koreanness, so i can't use a liquid foundation unless it dries to a powder finish. if you go to my website link i'm wearing it in my main picture.

Onederland

I love Giorgio Armani Luminous Skin Foundation.
greengrin.gif

As for concealers, I just use MAC Studio Finish.

KMFH

Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer is my absolute fav (its also a really versatle) , im also into Trucco concearlers. I like studiofix, but i hear alot of 'bad-skin' stories, so i only use it every now and again
th_wink3.gif

mj

i have had bad skin in the past. i'm pretty much past my bad skin days now, and i haven't had any problems with studiofix.

Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj
it's pretty full coverage. i have crazy dark circles under my eyes so concealer is needed there, but other than that i love it. it leaves a light powder finish that stays for most of the day. since i'm in socal and its fuckin hot as hell out here during this time of year i usually carry blotting sheets or mac blot powder with me to keep shine down. but indoors it'll last you all day. i have combo skin and some serious shine in my t-zone thanks to my 1/4 koreanness, so i can't use a liquid foundation unless it dries to a powder finish. if you go to my website link i'm wearing it in my main picture.

Thanks!! I'm going to have to try it if only for 'special occasions' when I want full coverage.

nannycam

Hi there! I would definitely 2nd the Select Moisturecover concealer, and possibly even the Select Cover (although I much prefer the Moisturecover's texture for the undereyes.)

As for foundation, have you tried Tarte's Smooth Operator? It's a bit heavier than a standard tinted moisturizer, so it gives a bit more coverage.

I hope that helps!!

Hikaru-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederland
I love Giorgio Armani Luminous Skin Foundation.
greengrin.gif

As for concealers, I just use MAC Studio Finish.

Me too. I was reccomended this by Onederland and it's the best foundation ever, natural looking and you can build it up for more coverage. Expensive but worth it.
For concealer I use YSL Radiant Touch.

hp11989

I use L'Oreal Airwear Brightener. It's been a cult favorite on MUA (check the reviews) mainly because it had been discontinued, but I believe that L'Oreal is making it again.

mac_obsession

I use Bare Escentuals and swear by it...Its the best mineral foundation out there...Very natural looking and gives flawless coverage.

iheartjuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck
I am fortunate to have good skin but I do have a few broken capillaries and my skin is very sensitive. Sometimes it looks splotchy/some redness.

I have very similar skin. I have been using Studio Tech, but don't love it. This month I read a few different product reviews about products that minimize/reduce appearance of broken capillaries (I have RIGHT on the tip of my nose and one above my eyebrow that drive me NUTS), but have only tried the Perricone Anti Spider Vein Face (it did nothing).