Need foundation help

seonmi

I can never tell what shade of foundation to use. I'm relatively new to makeup compared to most people on this site, so I need help desperately. I haven't been wearing foundation all most ever since I don't know what shade and what brand to buy. I was looking at L'Oreal True Match but got so confused about the shade. Can you guys give me some suggestions on drug store foundation? Thanks a lot.

Here are my pictures:

HPIM3478.jpg

HPIM3595.jpg

noahlowryfan

if those pictures of you with no makeup on, i would suggest you don't wear foundation. you already have perfect skin and i don't think you want to ruin it with foundation. i would suggest wearing concealer to cover problem areas and set the concealer with powder.

seonmi

Thanks a lot, noahlowryfan. I am not planning on wearing foundation everyday, just for special occasions, I guess. And, just to make it clear, my skin in real life is far from perfect
ssad.gif

If you guys can tell me what shade of foundation I should buy, or what my skin tone is, undertone is (hic hic, I have no idea), that would mean so much to me
th_DANCE.gif

Kiseki

L'Oreal True Match is not a bad product, but I can't help you with the shades, sorry...

As for other suggestions, with that kind of skin I'd look for a tinted moisturizer like Laura Mercier's or MAC's Select Tint or a sheer foundation like Estée Lauder Double Wear Light. I know you asked for drug store recs... but sadly I have no clue. And try to get matched, foundation most of the times looks different in the jar than in your skin and department store lighting is hell.

For the Estée Lauder, you're probably intensity 4.0 or 5.0 (it's hard to judge from pictures) and Laura Mercier's I'd say Fawn or Almond in the tinted moisturizer shades.

seonmi

If I am still lost in the different shades of L'Oreal True Match, I probably will go to the MAC store to get help choose the Select Tint foundation. But the price is kinda steep for me right now. Thanks though, Kiseki.
It is a silly question but do I have olive skin tone or tan, or what? Can you guys tell if I have a warm, cool, or neutral tone. I think my vein looks greenish, so I am warm. But I think I look ok in any color (at least no one said anything), so maybe I am neutral.
Still need help, anyone ???

widdershins

I definitely think you are warm-toned, so look for NC shades when you are checking out the MAC foundations. I think you look like you're around 25-30ish I think? You might want to try some swatches though. Your best bet is to talk to your MA
smiles.gif

seonmi

haha, i was so shocked when widdershins said i looked 25-30ish. OMG, I'm 20, OMG. More surprisingly, a lot of people thought I looked 15, so don't know what to say
winks.gif
Maybe because of my clothes. Those are the pictures that you can see my face most clearly, that's why I chose them.

Thanks for telling me about my warm skin tone. Hopefully I will find the right foundation shade
winks.gif

Would love to hear more suggestion!!!

chocodcocoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by seonmi
haha, i was so shocked when widdershins said i looked 25-30ish. OMG, I'm 20, OMG. More surprisingly, a lot of people thought I looked 15, so don't know what to say
winks.gif
Maybe because of my clothes. Those are the pictures that you can see my face most clearly, that's why I chose them.

Thanks for telling me about my warm skin tone. Hopefully I will find the right foundation shade
winks.gif

Would love to hear more suggestion!!!

I think she meant NC25-NC30... shades. I think you look around 20-21 =)

I think you look much darker than NC30. I am NC25 during the winter times and NC30 in the summer and you look darker than that. Maybe NC40?

seonmi

haha, that was so stupid of me. I sorta thought it was not really relevant. I should've known better LOL. Thanks a lot
tong.gif

noahlowryfan

yeah you could be like a NC40-45. i am a NC30-35 and I'm my skintone is not dark like yours. i'm like a shade to two shades lighter than you so NC25-30 is not a good match for you. definitely go to a store and get match by one of the MA.