Need Help- My Makeup Makes Me Look Tired!

Liyah

Hey!

I am in need of some serious help! Everytime i wear makeup - powder, blush etc, i look tired..(i am tired, and pregnancy isnt helping much_) but i look so washed out and crappy.

How can i make my powder, blush and msf make me look more alive?
i have just started using the new loose msfn spf powder, and i like it, but i just look really really tired!
any techniques to help out??
pls help!!
Thanks so much!

MACATTAK

Do you use Fix+? I'd recommend using it after you put on your face makeup. To me, it makes my skin look alive & adds a nice glow. Make sure you are putting on enough blush to actually see some color. I add it to my cheeks a tiny bit down my nose & a tiny bit on my forehead. Also, make sure to add some color to your brows, that always helps.

TDoll

I agree with using the Fix+. It will for sure make you "glowy". If you're looking tired, try using a bronzer or a blush that is a little more peachy/tan. This will give you a healthy look.
I would also try a tinted moisturizer with or without SPF...whatever you prefer. It should make your skin look healthier, rather than too powdery. Of course, you can dust powder over it to set, just not too much.
Not sure about your eye makeup situation, but if you're looking tired, I would avoid lining the waterline with dark colors. That sometimes makes me look sleepy. Also, avoid eye shadows/colors that are pink or orange-y.
Hope this helps!

Liyah

Ill get some fix+ tomorrow, i hope that helps! my lids are just plain right now, i dont have the energy to spend more then 5 mins for make up, but i will..i usually line my lower lid with a brown or black, maybe ill try without that and see if that helps.

thanks so much for all your input!! ill let you know how fix + helps!

MACATTAK

^^ Also, if you do nothing else with your eyes, make sure you curl them & apply a few coats of mascara. I do this when I am pressed for time & it really makes a big difference.

Pythia

I always find using a facial scrub makes my skin look immediately better.
Why don't you try mixing some highlighter into your foundation? Will give you a nice glow.

~Crystal~

I saw the title of this thread and the first thing that came to mind was fix+ too lol! Fix+ will take away that 'tired' look from your skin for sure
smiles.gif

Try adding a little bit of some light coloured eyeshadow to the inner corners of your eyes- and of course, curl your lashes and all that
smiles.gif

Also- as someone said above, make sure you have enough blush on (don't overdo it though hehe)! The MSFs on top of that should do the trick... and grab a nice highlight (like Emphasize- I LOVE it.. but it depends on your skintone I suppose). I usually look pretty dead till I put on my 'glowy' products too (MSF, Emphasize and fix+).

HTH!