Need help to choose colours

Chpidou

Hi !

Sorry if I don't post my topic at the good place and if I write in very bad english, I'm just a little french schoolgirl, so please, be indulgent.
lol.gif

I have some problems to choose colours of my make-up. I don't know what can suit my face.

I look for a simple make-up which corespond to my face, seems natural and embellishes visibly myself.

I have brown/hazel eyes. I have light brown hair, light skin (MAC saleswoman recommendes me NW20) with a little bit of redness (because of acne), stiff eyelashes which grow to the bottom, but I think I have beautifull almond shape eyes. I have rings under my eyes. My lips are naturally coloured.

What MAC products and colours do you recommend to me ?

I wanted post a picture but I don't know how do ...
blush-anim-cl.gif
I will to tried to post a picture in my public profile.

hunnybun

try to get a pic of yourself up if you can. you'll definitely get better recommendations that way.

but based on how your eye color, i would recommend brown/gold and maybe pinkish tones for a neutral look. these colors usually compliment hazel eyes well. or, for a more dramatic look, you can look into some violet shades. i have dark brown eyes and find that purples and violets compliment them very well. since you say you're eyes are brown/hazel, i'm sure you'd look great in both.

hope this helps!

Amaranth

Je vais essayer a parler en francais pour vous...c'etait dupuis longtemps que la derniere fois j'ai pratiquer... J'espere que c'est plus facile pour vous si je parle en francais...alors excuser ma grammaire terrible, SVP! Haha, j'ai pris les classes d'Italien en universite, et maintenant je melange les deux (aack).

Maintenant...j'ai vu votre photo. Je suis d'accord avec la femme a MAC, vous avez un peu de rose dans votre peau. Alors les couleurs comme l'argent, bleu, vert, et violet va complimenter votre peau. Aussi, pour vos levres, les "bleu-rouges" rouge a levres comme Russian Red par MAC. Vous pouvez faire un style classique avec un rouge a levres commes ca, et un peu de crayon noir pour vos yeux. Comme ca:
http://www.specktra.net/showthread.p...ghlight=pin-up
Tres dramatique, mais je pense que c'est un beau style pour vous.

Je ne sais pas si vous voulez des couleurs dramatique pour vos yeux...alors je vais recommander les couleurs vivantes ET neutres. Vouz pouvez choisir
winks.gif
. J'ai seulement ecrire les couleurs d'ombre a paupieres, mais voux pouvez aussi choisir des couleurs similaires pour votre crayon, mascara, rouge a levres, etc...

Couleurs vivantes:
Nocturnelle
Purple Haze
Freshwater
Shimmermoss
Humid
Tilt

Couleurs neutres...ou seulement moins folles
winks.gif

Electra
Beautiful Iris
Sumptuous Olive
Crystal
Shale
Pink Freeze
Juxt
Coquette
Tempting

J'espere que ca vous aider! N'oubliez pas...les couleurs avec un peu de bleu (en anglais, ce sont des "cool colours") sont les couleurs la plus belle pour votre peau et cheveux. Et si ma francais et trop mediocre et vous ne pouvez pas comprire quois je veux dire, je peux essayer a expliquer en anglais. Bonne chance!

Amaranth

Oh, et si vous avez les taches rouges (sous vos yeux, votre acne), essayez un correcteur vert...ca peut neutralizer les taches rouges.

knoxydoll

Votre colorant c'east because comme la meinne (J'ai des cheveux brun, des yeux brun/noisette, et j'utilse NW20 aussi). Alors vous pouvez regarded a des post que j'ai faites.

Des recommendation pour des couleurs sont tres proche at celle que Amaranth a recommende. (Toute sont de MAC)

J'adore des brun noissettes, des brun dore, des beige, des taupe.
(Tempting, Soba, Brule, Shroom, Nylon, Romp, ...). Pour une look plus brilliant je recommende des rose et des violette.
(Sushi Flower, Romping, Purple Haze, Expensive pink, Da Bling, Passionate, ...)
J'aime beaucoup utiliser les vert eau et turquoise.
(Jewel Blue, Electric Eel, Aquadisiac, ...)
Les couleur dore, bronze (mordore) , et orange sont aussi tres belle.
(Amber lights, Coppering, Gorgeous Gold, Ricepaper, Bamboo, Honey Lust, ...)

J'espere que ca t'aide.

Chpidou

Thank you all, it's very nice to you to speak in my language.

But there is something that I don't understand : you recommend me some cool colours like pink, blue, violet but for the complexion, NW doesn't mean than this is a warm colour ?

I saw the colours that you recommend to me, they are very beautifull ! But I'm sure I won't dare to wear loud colors for the lips, so russian red is noy for me !

For eye shadow, blue colours mightn't to stand out my rings ? (I don't know if it's the good word, in french we say "cernes")

I look for a complexion make up too, to make my skin fresh and radiant.

Thank you all again, you're very nice !!!

Amaranth

MAC's system is backwards, their Warm is what everyone else considers Cool. And as long as you conceal your under-eye circles, blues should be fine.

claresauntie

MAC is definitely misleading. If you're an NW20 or thereabouts, you're a cool-toned person.

I'm an NW15, and some of my favorites are:
-Tempting, Sumptious Olive, Jest, Shroom, Phloof!, Tilt, Juxt, and Vex eyeshadows.
-I don't know how much acne you have. If it's a lot, you may not want to wear anything with sparkles/shimmer, but if it's not too much try Mineralize Satinfinish or HyperReal foundations for that luminous skin you want. Or try my personal favorite: Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in light, buffed into the skin with a kabuki brush or a brush like the 109 or 116.
-I like Dame and Springsheen blushes. Dame if I'm feeling pink, Springsheen otherwise, because it's a peachy pink that goes with just about anything. Plus I like the subtle shimmer.
-Lips: check out Capricious and Viva Glam V lipstick with or without either of the Viva Glam lipglasses. I also like Syrup and Sweetie for nice pinks. When you're ready for stronger lip colors, get back to me.
winks.gif

Hope this helps!

Chpidou

Ok, thank for the explications of MAC foundations colours, it's not very logic
hmm.gif

When I read all the eye-shadow colours that you recommend to me, I feel NW complexions whithe brown eyes and hair can wear practically all eye-shadow colours, am I right ?

I haven't too much acne anymore, I just look for homogenize and illuminate my complexion.

Claresauntie, you recommend to me mineralize satinfinish : powder or liquid foundation ?

For blush and lips, can I try corail-pink or peach colours too ?

Thank you all again for your help.
eyelove.gif

knoxydoll

Peach is a pretty complimentary to any skin tone. So definately get some of that. The coral-pink just need a light hand sometimes, but you should be able to pull them off.

Chpidou

I'm lost with all this colours : it's really enormous all those Mac colours !
On the top of that, I was persuaded that I have a warm complexion !
But, in fact, the colours that you recommend to me are the same than one's recommend to warm complexion, I don't understand anything lol !

So, in practical terms, what do you think about this basic :e/s : somptuous olive or mulch-jest or sushi flower-nocturnelle (depending on my clothes)+ springsheen on the cheeks + a lipstick like on the photo. And of course, a luminous foundation before all that.

P.S : you see, I understood how to post a picture !!!
lol.gif

Chpidou

In fact, I looking for a basic but, if possible, with a minimum of product, because I have a limited budget. Does my idea of combination in my precedent post seem good to you ?

Chpidou

Hi !
wavey.gif

It's me again !
I can't choose eye shadow colours. They are so much !!!:confused: And it's difficult to realize the eye shadow colours on the MAC site.
So, again some question (I know I'm a pain
blush-anim-cl.gif
) : If you must choose the minimum (1 or 2 quad) of eye shadow colours to me, what they were ?(sorry for the grammatical construction)
And for the lips I have no idea of lip stick or lipglass color.

Thank in advance for your answers
th_worship.gif