Need Help with Large Pores

Ariesgirly

Hello, I am new & love this site! I'm hoping someone can give me a suggestion. I've always had horrible oily skin that breaks out often. I'm 30 & still get pimples once in a while
ssad.gif
I recently noticed taht my pores have become even bigger! I want to look as natural as I can, but need something to absorb the shine while concealing flaws. I have used BE & found that it made me greasy after 2 hours. I have used Sue Duvitte & the same thing happens. Tarte turned orange on my face. MAC Studio Fix made me break out & turned orange. I'm hoping someone has had luck with a product with skin like mine.

Thanks so much!!!!!
wavey.gif

Glitziegal

Hi
wavey.gif

I am 36 have oily skin and large pores. So you have my sympathies.
I use Bliss Instant mattification to disguise my pores, it also keeps skin matte.
I've also been using Bliss Sleeping peel serum twice a day, and exfoliating daily with Bliss pore perfecting facial polish. Apparently the more you exfoliate the smaller your pores will appear on the surface. I though it would make my skin more oily, but it does seemed to have helped.

I sound like a walking ad for Bliss, but this combination has worked really well for me,
smiles.gif

Midgard

I love the Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector under foundation. It fills up the pores and your skin get's not so oily!

canadiangirl_1117

I ditto the Clinique Instant Pore Perfector. I've got large pores on my nose and a bit on my cheeks, and oily T-zone, and this stuff works wonders.

I'm also finding I'm having good luck with microdermabrasion once a week (in-home), and using face products with vitamin C (The Body Shop's Vitamin C Serum and daily scrub), and Clinique's Mild Clarifying Toner (no drying alcohol in it).

Ariesgirly

lol.gif
Thanks. I'll try these! What type of Dermabrasion products do you use. I was thinking of going to my dermatologist to have this done. I think it's expensive though.
ssad.gif

canadiangirl_1117

Right now I'm using Epidermx that I bought from a friend, but once this is done I'm switching to Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel (it's microdermabrasion and a peel in one kit, it's awesome.)

Oh! And once a week (or twice, depending on how my skin is behaving) I do a deep cleansing mask. I love Lush's Mask of Maganminty, right now I'm trying out The Body Shop's Oceanic Clay mask, so far so good
greengrin.gif

jess98765

clinique has excellent skin care products for your type of skin so go there and ask the sales assistants! the pore minimizer i've heard is a really good worth while product!

mspixieears

There's a couple of threads about this in the Skin & Bodycare forum if you do a search. Alas, I can't offer any practical advice.

kaliraksha

If you don't want to spend as much on the clinique stuff... neutrogena has pore minimizing spf 15 moisturizer I wear before my foundation and it helps ... but the whole clinique line together gets better results... i've tried both... depends on how much help you think you need. right now since im relatively young im just sticking to the neutrogena because i dont want to bother spending the $ on clinique yet.

lindseylouike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgard
I love the Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector under foundation. It fills up the pores and your skin get's not so oily!

This is an HG product for me, too!