Need Shade Recs, Please! Pic Inside...

JRPAGV

I am having the hardest time finding shades of lipstick/gloss, eyeshadow, and even blush that look good on me. I tend to stick to neutral eyeshadows and neutral-pink lipstick, but I feel like I need a punch of color. I'm a stay-at-home-mom, so I don't want a flashy look or anything too wild or bright. But, I would like to start experimenting with more shades.

With that said, can you girls recommend some specific shades of lipstick, eyeshadow, and blush that would look good with my skintone and dark brown hair? I can't believe I'm posting this, but here is a pic of me with no makeup that I took today. Don't laugh too hard... it's been a long day! But, I thought it might help for you to see my coloring and if my lips are pigmented.

Thanks so much!

IMG_7065.jpg

freaksinunif0rm

You're pretty!

I think you'd look lovely in red lipstick (russian red!), but since you don't want anything bright...how about a rosy pink color (I can't think of one now...but I think Pinkarat Lustreglass would look pretty!)?

saniyairshad

u r absolutely gorgeous
icon_eek.gif

If u like neutrals then woodwinked, embark, nylon, mulch would look lovely on you. Try semi-darker shades of green too. they would really bring out ur eye color. Colors like humid and Milani Clover and Garden Mist, MAC Greensmoke would look amazing on you. For blush: I would say NARS Orgasm, or NARS Sin would look heavenly on you.
For lipsticks: Russian Red, Ladybug
For lipglosses (which I personally prefer): Nymphette, Beaux, Sinnamon, Spring Bean, Pinkarat, Instant Gold, Sonnyboy.
These would look gorgeous with ur coloring
heart.gif

MAC is love

You look gorgeous without makeup! If only I looked that good...haha I think some pinks would look wonderfull on you. You should look into colors such as Expensive Pink, Bronze, Gorgeous Gold, & Swish. These are all different e/s colors that you can pair with many different colors.
greengrin.gif

Winthrop44

You are very pretty without makeup! Since you are interested though, you should treat yourself to a makeover at your nearest MAC store. It would be a fun day all about you and you'd get some expert color advice and great tips!
smiles.gif

Beauty Mark

You can wear darker, rosy shades of lipstick. You could also wear a lip tint/stain in red or like hot pink; your bottom lip is so full that I wouldn't wear a full lipstick, unless you want a more dramatic look. What about shimmery browns and coppers on your eyes and a pink blush? I think gray would look pretty as well.

user79

Hm, I think your colouring would suit a large variety of colours, actually.

Some e/s colours that would work on you, in more muted colours:

Expensive Pink
Melon pigment
Star Violet
Shimmermoss
Jest
Gorgeous Gold
Woodwinked
Amber Lights
Tempting
Gleam

For blush:
Dollymix
Pink Swoon
Blushbaby
Pinch O'Peach

User49

I think you could pull of loads of colour! What are you finding difficult? Try Golden Bronzing Powder to give your cheeks a glow. And phloof! in the inner lid area where your eye begins. Maybe a bright colour next to that and pop a bit of black liner over the top close to lashline? I should imagine warm peachy and coral colours would look fab on you!
smiles.gif

SerenityRaine

You are gorgeous =)

Eyeshadows:
Paradisco
Steamy
Beautiful Iris
Idol Eyes
Swimming
Surreal
Greensmoke

Pigments: