Need some help with these brushes

SometimesTheyComeBack

Hi ladies

1st time poster; long time lurker..
smiles.gif

Wondering if someone could help me with these brushes? #136 #150 #168 #239

Got them off ebay; and they are in the plastic sleeve although something doesn't seem right..

Two of them absolutely stink!! I've never got any MAC brushes instore that stink like this!!

Picture055.jpg

Picture069.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pics; will post more if needed
th_dunno.gif

Shannon
Xox

redambition

Hi Shannon - welcome!
smiles.gif

could you please try to get some clearer piccies for us? The ones provided don't really show the detail need to to do an ID.

SometimesTheyComeBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
Hi Shannon - welcome!
smiles.gif

could you please try to get some clearer piccies for us? The ones provided don't really show the detail need to to do an ID.

Sure thing! Will get some done in a second!
yes.gif

SometimesTheyComeBack

Here they are hopefully they are better; i tried getting the best i could; need a better camera i think!

Picture070.jpg

Picture087.jpg

Picture089.jpg

Picture094.jpg

Picture093.jpg

Picture092.jpg

I'm just not sure about these because of the smell; and the 150 is poorly put together..
th_dunno.gif

Appreciate it!
tong.gif

redambition

unfortunately these look counterfeit
ssad.gif

The printing of the silver MAC logo is off - the gap in the M is the wrong size and the wrong shape, and the gap in the A is too wide.

They look similar to the counterfeits in this thread.

SometimesTheyComeBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by msashlay
The numbers look funny to me.

I know; the whole brush just seems off to me. they smell
thmbdn.gif

Its a bit worrying that they are now coming in the plastic sleeves with the barcodes
angry.gif

I emailed the seller; but haven't heard anything back; so i've opened a dispute with paypal.. I'll wait to see what they do from there..

Thanks ladies

SometimesTheyComeBack

I got a response from my seller.. It makes me feel bad but they aren't real..

Hi, I respect your opinions, but I guarantee all my products are 100% authentic. I worked at MAC before, and my MAC supplier is a sales rep for MAC cosmetics. Also, MAC brushes are made worldwide, and different store might get brushes made at different factories.
If you are not happy with the brush, I will accept return if they are in brand new condition, and you must return them with a note inside stating the reason for returning. I will apply FULL refund once they are returned.

abbyquack

Yea those are definitely fake, which happens to be more often than not on eBay these days...sorry! That's nice that she's willing to return them, though, at least you won't get stuck with them!

DirtyHarriet

Send them back for sure. And make sure you have a tracking number for your package to ensure the seller gets them just in case there are any 'problems' with the willingness of the seller to refund your money.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SometimesTheyComeBack
I worked at MAC before, and my MAC supplier is a sales rep for MAC cosmetics.

This is a big fib.

MAC do not sell wholesale to other resellers. They state that the only place to buy MAC is MAC (or a CCO, but those are also owned by EL).

mitcha

did you buy these with jin77612 ?????
I've bought from him too!!
187, 168 and 219.
ALL fakes.
I think I'm the first buyer who have gave him negative feedback !!!

I'll post my pictures... in another topic.

nana2552

Wow I just read another thread from mitcha above my comment where she said that the same response was given to her...and she is very suspicious about her brushes too...I was going to buy a brush from her too but have since changed my mind...thanks guys for helping me avoid this mess.
smiles.gif