Need some Neutral Eyeshadows

User20

I'm looking more along the lines or browns, but not just dark browns.... I need something for the day that's waearable for the evening.

I figured if in the past 3 shifts I've had, kids look at me and go "you wear makeup" or "my grandma wear a lot of makeup too!" I need some neutrals lol.

Also, I don't want these neutrals to be invisible, I still like some pigmetn in my e/s.

Classic Beauty

Ricepaper (tiny hint of peachy shimmer, but not overdone).
Woodwinked (med.-dark brown, very shimmery).
Cork (med brown, satin finish).
Patina (brown w/ a hint of grey or something. Nice color).
Mulch (dark shimmery brown).
Vanilla (highlight)
Brule (matte neautral)
Bamboo (another matte neautral).

Kat

Woodwinked and Bronze for warm browns. Patina is a lovely cool brown. I also like All that Glitters for something a little lighter.

kimmy

flirty number, if you can still get your hands on it.

it's not exactly what you'd usually call a neutral...but it's slightly neutral with a purplish shimmer. on me, it shows up pretty neautral brown but if it's in the right light, it looks purple (i guess similar to moth brown?) but anyways, i think it's one of those wearable day colours and dramatic night colours rolled into one
greengrin.gif

aquarius11

Give Quarry a try. You might be pleasantly surprised. I love it as a neutral e/s and it is just a lovely color IMO.

DaisyDee

I'm no spring chicken...LOL (38 in a few days) and I LOVE pairing up patina, coco pigment, and ricepaper...it looks amazing.

Amber Lights if gorgeous if you have the skintone to pull it off...All That Glitters is one of my favorite shimmery beiges...Jest ROCKS!

ok...that's all for now.
smiles.gif

litlaur

Mulch, Satin Taupe, Patina, Romp

Shroom, Naked Lunch, or Retrospeck for a highlight

Shale and Sumptuous Olive are good subtle colors that go well with neutrals.

I have Brun and Concrete for my brows, but I also use them for smoky brown looks.

karen

Soba is my favourite neutral brown, Slip Pink is a nice neutral pink, as well(but LE).
Cork is a good brown, too; but I tend to use it more for brows or liner.

Amber Lights is my absolute favourite brown, but I wouldn't really call it a neutral.

Julia Vanhorn

I am a big fan of Brown Down, it is very versatile with anything that you use it with. I would definitely get Shroom, it is great for highlights.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ANTHEM
flirty number, if you can still get your hands on it.

it's not exactly what you'd usually call a neutral...but it's slightly neutral with a purplish shimmer. on me, it shows up pretty neautral brown but if it's in the right light, it looks purple (i guess similar to moth brown?) but anyways, i think it's one of those wearable day colours and dramatic night colours rolled into one
greengrin.gif

I so agree! Flirty number is a greyish-pinky-brown purple color. Its easy to wear and can go a lot of ways. Shroom, Bark, Amber lights, Woodwinked, you should definately look.

sweetza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbetsy
Satin Taupe is amazing.

I also like shroom, flirty number (LE), and coco pigment.

I second satin taupe. My personal fail-proof neutral combo is satin taupe blended with sweet lust.
smiles.gif

I also love omega and haux in the crease by themselves (Not together lol).

ben

patina, woodwinked and shroom would be my first choice out of all the shadows that have been mentioned.

use either patina or woodwinked and highlight w/ shroom and BA BAM you're ready to go!

CaptainMac

I'm not really a lustre fan, or a fan of brown on myself, but I loooove Tempting. Very pretty brown.
Also Naked Lunch is very pretty but subtle. And Sumptuous Olive. Also, if I'm wearing a bright or very shimmery color on my lid, I like to pair it with Malt in the crease--it's a neutral matte shadow that seems to tone down flashier lid colors.