Needing opinions! - English CW

Verient

I am writing a fashion article for my english coursework. Decided to base it on leggings. I am writing one column with a good opinion of them, and one with bad.

Here is what I have so far..

Good Points:
Leggings have become one of the most popular, most seen, most discussed fashion trend over the past few years. This versatile style has been around forever, peaking in the 80’s, complementing the retro fashion. Finally we have a fashion that fashionable teens can talk to their Grandparents about! Readily available in every style/size/colour imaginable, including denim (Jeggings), slashed, animal print, lace, sequin, leather, velvet, floral, wet look or just plain black, leggings can compliment most outfits and styles. And as for not being suitable for the larger ladies, leggings are great for preventing ‘chub rub’ in the warmer months! This is fashion with an elastic waistband. You can’t beat it. Leggings can be picked up just about everywhere and range from a few pounds to hundreds for a designer pair. Leggings are flaunted by all ages, including both toddlers and OAPs. Everyone, no matter what shape or size, can make leggings work for them. Leggings are great to wear with a long top or dress and can accentuate bold, patterned tops.

Bad Points:
Although leggings can be seen as a quick fashion fix, others see them to be a serious fashion crime. Yeah, leggings are great in snazzy colours and pretty patterns...if you’re six and mummy dresses you. We cannot find a good word to say about this style recipe for disaster. If we really wanted to see lots of ass walking around don’t you think we’d visit a donkey farm? Cosmo are shocked to see you girls giving us a free show of that camel toe and butt crack! Come on girls, get some dignity and wear something that covers your bits! If it’s not the baggy knees from over worn, cheap material that catches our attention it’s got to be the fact that leggings make your legs look like funnels or chicken drumsticks. So our verdict is, keep the leggings for workouts at the gym, lounging around at home or as bicycle shorts!

I just need to write a lot more obviously.
So what are your opinions on leggings?

socalledemo

My opinion on leggings: I think that they are great to wear with dresses or skirts. You know, wear them as leggings, not pants. It seems everybody has to wear them like pants and I find it kind of gross, for lack of a better word. I'm sorry that it wasn't too helpful. ^^;;

InspiredBlue

The language in the negative section is a little too colorful, if this is meant to be worded as something that could be published in a magazine, in my opinion.

greengoesmoo

I dislike leggings as outerwear passionatly!
I have HEAVY thighs and those spray on looking fabrics just make me look like a piece of retro furniture!

My main problem with leggings is they are comfy as all hell, and ideal for lazing in, only people who enjoy lazing very rarely look good in them because they reveal every single bulge, bump lump and wrinkle in your skin.

Also, wtf, who invents an item of clothing that wears out between the legs before you have time to decide which top to wear with them?!?!