Needs serious help lol.

sayonara

this is my first post so i don't know if i'm doing this right but
i need some suggestions
(I'm a serious noob)

*edited because apparently the date thingy is WAY sooner than I thought.

1037vxy.jpg

thats me without makeup, yuck

48381073-01.jpg

i recently bought that dress (forever 21) and my boyfriend plans to take me to dinner and a lot of other romantic-ish stuff and i want to wear it - with my hair up and i don't know WHAT to\\do with my makeup lol - mostly my eyes..
------------------------------------
Colors I have to work with:
goldmine
texture
creme de violet
pagan
stars n rockets
mythology
expensive pink
purple haze
honeylust (i think.. i can barely read it lol)
retrospeck
swimming
club
vex
juxt
amberlights

if you're familiar with Sephora shadows i have
Mat N 06
Strass N 07
Strass N 15
Strass N 06
Strass N 01
Pearl N 11
Pearl N 09
-------------------------------

any good tutorials or FOTD's that i can attempt to mimic kinda using those colors to go with my dress?
Any suggestions? i think he'll probably keep me out from about 430 or 5pm until 11.. maybe later.

ri0tdorque

I don't have much time to post but I have a shirt that is very similar to your dress and depending on my mood (and hair color) I can put together some simple easy ones that would go well.

Do you want something simple and subtle or a bit dramatic?

From what you have I can say that Goldmine goes well with Greens which I think Swimming and Juxt are the greens I have.

I have a TON of tutorials bookmarked I will try to private message you a few links to them to give you a start. I'm still a bit of a noob but honestly what I've been doing is at nights just sitting there and going though tutorial after tutorial and trying stuff out. One thing I can say is that layering and blending help sssoooo much in really bringing out the color with stuff now on top of my UDPP I use Painterly paint pot as a base and pat my shadow on instead of sweep it to get more color out of it.

Also with the tutorials if you don't have that color or if you like the way the colors lay but want to use different ones just think of something similar that will get the same effect.

First do an advance search for this forum put for keywords either just green or a few of the colors you have and make sure the search is in tutorials or FOTD it will bring up loads for you to get ideas and try out....

Sorry this is so long I'm just all happy I can give advice normally I'm the one asking for it heh

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Starter links (some not on this site if that's not allowed I'll take them down)

http://community.livejournal.com/mak...ials/tag/green
Makeup Geek » Idea Gallery

purrtykitty

Purples are great for green eyes. To get colors to pop, make sure to use an eyeshadow base...not only will it help pop colors, but it will also make them last longer. Urban Decay Primer Potion is fantastic and the MAC Paints/Paint Pots are great, too. The Paint/Paint Pots come in colors so they can add an extra dimension to whatever color you're wearing.

sayonara

thank you so much, i think I want to do something dramatic
I plan to go through tutorials tonight actually and every night before the date thing. My makeup is going to have to last me HOURS because he always keeps me out for SOOOOOOOO long

Baby Mac

Sorry i cant help with the makeup..im new at it too
smiles.gif

But the dress is fabulous!
Have a fun date

ri0tdorque

If you need it to last just make sure you use a primer. What's great with that dress is that since it's black and white you have unlimited color choices (or not so great sometimes too many choices makes things even harder at least for me)

Do you have any colors in mind already you were thinking of?

ri0tdorque

Random but quick question I've always wondered with whites should one use a white base? I was going to try to use a silver cream for a base for my white but yet to try it about to start playing around with it now.

bjorne_again

personally, i think it would be super cute if you did a marilyn monroe/retro look with neutral lid colour(maybe a bit of shimmer, like MAC era), with maybe a slightly darker colour at the outter crease and corner of the eye to emphasize your eye shape, black winged liquid liner, false eyelashes, and very clean, filled in brows and perfect skin. If you think red lips are too much, go for natural... if it's romantic, i'd go with an easy , natural lip(gloss only) since there'll be smooching, i'm sure. But I think playing up the retro cuteness of the dress will result in you looking super feminine and way sexy!

sayonara

bjorne_again : that sounds really cute. I don't know about the false lashes. I might try the look out sometime this week before he actually takes me out. I'd probably go crazy if i tried the look before he picks me up and find out I don't like it lol. I was thinking of doing something neutral though, but i ALWAYS do something neutral .. that how he always sees me.. i don't know yet ...

I hate wearing glasses lol.
i think the false lashes will lose their effect because of the glasses and i definitely cannot go without them because I'm sure there's going to be things I need to see LOL not to mention (quite contrary to the picture) my natural lashes are really long, curly (is that the word?), and thick..

I kinda want to do something neutral and then again I kinda want to do something sultry and sexy... there's got to be a way to have my cake and eat it too...

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayonara
bjorne_again : that sounds really cute. I don't know about the false lashes. I might try the look out sometime this week before he actually takes me out. I'd probably go crazy if i tried the look before he picks me up and find out I don't like it lol. I was thinking of doing something neutral though, but i ALWAYS do something neutral .. that how he always sees me.. i don't know yet ...

I hate wearing glasses lol.
i think the false lashes will lose their effect because of the glasses and i definitely cannot go without them because I'm sure there's going to be things I need to see LOL not to mention (quite contrary to the picture) my natural lashes are really long, curly (is that the word?), and thick..

I kinda want to do something neutral and then again I kinda want to do something sultry and sexy... there's got to be a way to have my cake and eat it too...

Pull your hair back and get clear contacts. Great face, great eyes, great nose, great lips,nice bone structure- don't hide all that behind heavy frames.