Neutral Combinations Needed

Hi All - Ok, so I'm about 6 months new to wearing MAC, and as usual it has turned into a hobby ... or collection. I have purchased almost 3 dozen neutral brown/beige shades and another almost dozen highlight colors from MAC.

I am just awful at matching them togeather. I really make a mess out of it. I need all of y'alls help on this. Please.
yes.gif

I am looking for something quick, neutral, and using no more than three colors at a time, or it get's messy for me. I'd like combinations that are for highlight (or a Paint Pot is good), a lid, and a crease/outer V color.

Any help would be just amazing, as I'm having a hard time justifying my collection to my boyfriend when I don't even wear the stuff!
ssad.gif

EDIT: I am fair skin with freckles, light brown hair, and blue eyes.

Thank you! Very cool site, never been there before.

I was thinking that if anyone suggested any shades that I don't have, then I would pick them up. As long as we are talking Non-PRO colors in the brown, beige, and vanilla family I think I should be good.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions. I totally need it, as I am tired of wearing just Woodwinked all over my lid everyday when I have so many other neutrals.

OfficerJenny

Really great everyday quick look:
Painterly all over lid and brow
Woodwinked on lid
Bronze in corner and crease

Babylard

Re: MAC Neutral Combinations

hi, it would be helpful to list what colors you have.

but generally, you sound like you have colors that will all work together.
use the highlighter on the inner corner of your eye (nylon, etc), use a medium shade on the entire lid (all that glitters, etc) and use the dark colors for your outer-V and crease (tempting, bronze, etc)

test the colors together on your arm to see if they work together. but generally think light -> medium ->dark

have a look in the FOTD section and the tutorials (look for neutral looks, natural looks)

hope that helps a bit

Ms_Slick

Re: MAC Neutral Combinations

I am very fair skinned with freckles, blonde hair and blue eyes. I love All That Glitters all over the lid with Scant on the inner V and Woodwinked or Satin Taupe on the outer V and/or crease.

makeba

this is soo funny! i was just at the mac counter and asked the same thing! i purchased
All that Glitters to use on the lid
Brown Down for the outer v and crease
groundwork paint pot as a base.
i plan on using arena as the highlight
the artist suggested to apply woodwinked on the lid to create a different look.

xoleaxo

here are some combos i use often. I use vanilla as a highlight allllll the time because i don't really like a shimmery/frosty brow bone. I always use UDPP as a base, and sometimes painterly paintpot blended onto my whole eyelid/browbone or beige-ing shadestick on my lid only.

all that glitters (or goldmine) on lid, embark in crease, vanilla as highlight.

ricepaper on lid, espresso in crease, vanilla as highlight.

vex on lid, bronze in crease, vanilla as highlight.

moopoint

Oooh and
Woodwinked on lid
Espresso in outer v/crease
Dazzlelight to highlight

or...
Ricepaper on lid
Sable in outer v/crease
Dazzlelight to highlight

In case you haven't noticed, dazzlelight and ricepaper are my staple neutrals
smiles.gif

moopoint

You'll have fun, I love doing my makeup. It's kinda nerdy, but I wake up in the morning and think, "Right on, I get to put on makeup today."

myystiqueen

i have yet to try all that glitters... but it's on its way ^^

so myy fave neutral combos are :

- Painterly as a base : lid to brow bone
- Bisque : lid
- Cork : crease
- Espresso / Embark : outer V
- Ricepaper : highlight

or

- Quite Natural PP : as a base
- Amber Lights : inner corner
- Woodwinked : outer corner
- Mulch / Sable : crease + outer V
- Cork / Kid : soften the crease
- Ricepaper : highlight

and moopoint - that's exactly how i feel...
lol.gif