neutral eyeshadows

andrea48

Hey everyone!

I'd like to purchase a few Nars neutral online (the Nars counters at Sephora only have a few shades).
I've been eying All about Eve, Alhambra, Kilimanjaro, Kalahari and Bohemian Gold. What shades do you think are worth it?

I was going to buy Shroom, Naked Lunch and Patina but I actually prefer Nars eyeshadows. The thing is, they're so pricey...
Do you recommend buying Mac or Nars neutrals?

Hope you can help :)
Andréa

WhatWouldJoanDo

NARS Neutrals no question (the MAC ones you suggested I have owned). I like All About Eve and Kalahari duos for my neutrals but those others are gorgeous too (I have them all lol). Alhambra has a more silk/satin finish pink, bohemian gold is more of a colour but gorgeous, kilimanjaro is icy-ish. It depends what you like.

But it's Summer ... I am all over the gorgeous Cap Ferat Trio as eyeliner or all over eyelids.

Besides just being better, NARS duos all last a long time, and compared to MAC I think the price per gram in the duos may even be less (MarieMarie on specktra posted about this once)..

andrea48

Thanks! I already own a lot of Nars duos and singles but they're all bright colors... I just bought Mac Satin Taupe, I love it and I want to buy some more neutral/taupe shades :p
Kilimanjaro looks SO gorgeous...

MarieMary

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea48
I actually prefer Nars eyeshadows. The thing is, they're so pricey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldJoanDo
Besides just being better, NARS duos all last a long time, and compared to MAC I think the price per gram in the duos may even be less (MarieMarie on specktra posted about this once)..

By the gram, Nars eyeshadows are indeed cheaper than MAC.

MAC single e/s (1.5g) is $9.6 per gram.
Nars single e/s (2g) is $11.5 per gram.
Nars duo e/s (4g) is $8.25 per gram.
Nars trio e/s (5.1g) is $8.82 per gram.

Anyway, All About Eve and Kalahari are great neutrals. :) I can't really say about the others, I don't have them.

andrea48

Thanks MarieMary, if I could I would buy all Nars eyeshadows :p
I am definitely getting All about Eve, Bohemian Gold and Kilimanjaro, as I already have some shades that look like Kalahari.