neutral palette

Bronzewolf

hi i am wanting to create a neutral palette (6pan) but im sooooo confused as to what colours to get. so far i have researched these but what im worried about is doubling up on colours that look very similar, could someone please help me; this is what i have narrowed down the choice to, not that its very narrow...haha

nylon
vanilla
naked lunch

retrospeck
malt
soba
cork
satin taupe
patina
wedge

i already have amber lights and all that glitters and shroom

pweese help me

Mercurial

Soba is quite dark on me (NW15/20), and for neutrals prefer Patina. Phloof is a gorgeous highlight and is ideal for any neutral kind of look.

ladyJ

You should def. get wedge. I have nylon but I don't use it as much. I use ricepaper as my highlight more.

foxyqt

Cork and Satin Taupe are great you should definitely get those! i also suggest Orb and Ricepaper
smiles.gif

sfmakeupjunkie

Phloof is very different than Shroom. Shroom is a satin finish and Phloof is a frost and is very frosty unless lightly applied and blended well. I like Shroom better for a neutral palette. I am an NC15 for reference.

Zoffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronzewolf
how does ploof differ from shroom cause shroom looks quite white on me

Phloof! is a frost(shimmery but not glittery) and Shroom is a satin(not completely matte but with more of a sheen than actual shimmer)
smiles.gif
I usually like Phloof! more than Shroom since it shows up better on my pale skin, but I use Shroom if I do a bold look and don't want the highlight to be too much
smiles.gif

Bronzewolf

see now im confused again what do i get for my skin tone?
ricepaper
naked lunch
phloof
nylon
OR
vanilla

ugh i wish i had a mac shop by me nearest one is like 3 hours away and i have to do all my guess work online its costly getting the wrong shade.

FiestyFemme

If it were me, I'd definitely get Satin Taupe, Wedge, and Vanilla.
Satin Taupe is just too gorgeous not to own, while I find Wedge and Vanilla to be awesome "workhorse" type shades.
Wedge is great for the crease (adds definition without screaming eyeshadow, I'm an NC15 for reference), and I use Vanilla everyday to highlight.

For the other 3, I'd pick Nylon, Naked Lunch, and Patina.
Nylon is an awesome highlighter, and it even makes a great lid shade IF you like a lid color that light.
Naked Lunch is a great glowy lid shade, but can also double as a highlighter.
And Patina is just gorgeous, a taupe that flashes pinkish.