never used mac.. need some starting point

.nicole.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...le_d/jan14.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...le_d/hair2.jpg

not the best pictures sorry

so i have pretty light skin... generally i stick with browns, coppers, and sheer tans ontop... i've never used mac but i want to start buying makeup thats gonna last rather than the drugstore crap that wears off by the end of my work day.. also my eyebrows are almost not there (they don't grow in, so i have to fill them in with an eye brow pencil) i also have a problem wtih dry skin and oily eyelids

so any suggestions would be great thanks.

Christina Victoria

For foundations, I recommend looking at the Studio Fix, or Moistureblend if your skin is slightly dry. Since you have a lighter skin tone, I would guess you're around a NW20-25 in foundation/powder color. You may also want to get the #190 Brush - Which is a wonderful brush for Foundation.

For Blushes, it's pretty much a personal preference. Some great Pink tones are Dollymix and Well Dressed. You might also want to get a Mineral Skin Finish (like Porcelain Pink, Shimagne) or a Shimmer iridescent powder (Pretty Indulgent, Dress to Kiss).

For lips, I really like nude/pink lips. So, I definatley recommend Viva Glam V Lipglass or Lipstick with Subculture or Oak Lipliner.

Hope this helps.
smiles.gif

pumpkincat210

eye brow pencil in Fling...
I love studio tech foundation too
If you want your eyeshadow to stay put all day try mac paints in Stilife or Bare Canvas as a base.

KJam

I was looking for all day makeup too - that's how I fell in love with MAC. I love their eyeshadows, powerpoint liners, and shadesticks. They all give all day coverage. Also, not MAC, but Urban Decay Primer Potion really makes the colors last and I never have a problem with creasing either.

user4

you like neutral colors so i would get:

shroom (like a beige- great for hightlight)
antiqued (gorgeous brown- i love it)
amber lights (a beautiful copper)
trax (i dont own it but it's a pretty color)
get bare canvas paint or beiging shade stick for a base and the mu will really last all day (i prefer paints, its all about preference though)