New Beauty Vending Maching!

FemmeFatale

I am not sure where this type of beauty news belongs. Mods feel free to move it , if this isnt right but check this out.

This is really cool, Beauty Vending machines are the new thing in LA. I have been hearing rumbling about these through a few hotel groups, such as morgans and thompson hotels.

From Allure.com "Getting sandwiches out of a machine was, for some reason, really big in the 1950s. (Or so we hear.) Much more appealing: getting beauty products from a machine at Fred Segal. U*tique, a new "automated retail device," as the company calls it, is filled with 50 makeup, skin, and hair products. You can browse the selections—a touch screen offers detailed information on every product, including its full list of ingredients, application tips, and background on the brand—swipe your credit card, and out pops your purchase. (You can even get a free sample of a lot of them.) The machine has Lancôme and Bliss, along with finds from Clark's Botanicals skincare and Hourglass cosmetics. Germaphobes: U*tique's stock is replenished often to make sure the products are fresh and each slot is individually temperature-controlled. The first one debuted at Studio at Fred Segal this week, and the company plans to set up more around the country over the next year in the obvious places: airport lounges, gyms, and even nightclubs."

Check out more info on my blog. I think this is so exciting, this is a new retail channel for beauty.
th_DANCE.gif

MrsRjizzle

A little bit diffrent, but I saw something kinda like this at Bay Street (huge outdoor mall in Emerville,CA) They had a big vending machine with pro active and other face products. I was really shocked at the time... looks like its spreading around....

My macys has a vending machine like this with ipods and electronic gadgets. I know thats OT but think its funny too....

Redz24

The woodlands in Houstons has a Mark vending machine.

Pity we don't get this kinda stuff in the UK.

FemmeFatale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRjizzle
A little bit diffrent, but I saw something kinda like this at Bay Street (huge outdoor mall in Emerville,CA) They had a big vending machine with pro active and other face products. I was really shocked at the time... looks like its spreading around....

My macys has a vending machine like this with ipods and electronic gadgets. I know thats OT but think its funny too....

Yeah, in JFk, the airport in NYC they have a vending machine for IPODS, nintendos, hand held games, earphones and cameras. All electronic stuff...

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRjizzle

I saw the ipod vending machine at macy's in serramonte (i think). thought it was kinda stupid. haha