New L'Oreal **Matte** Duos

sandykwm

Has anyone tried these matte HIP duos out? I saw them on the L'oreal website...they look pretty nice..

aziajs

Ooohhh...I didn't even know they had matte duos. I am going to have to check it out.

LatteQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandykwm
Has anyone tried these matte HIP duos out? I saw them on the L'oreal website...they look pretty nice..

I do hope Marlena(MakeupGeek) does a tutorial on these duos...HEY MARLENA....LOL...

PrincessBoa

The packaging kind of reminds me of NARs except that its round instead of square. o_o. Meh, I don't particularly like L'Oreal..too overpriced for a drugstore brand. :S Looking at these matte colors though, I like the older non matte ones better haha. xD

-PrincessBoa

Soleil185

Is there a release date avail for these? I haven't seen them in any local stores yet.
th_confused_new.gif

Tashona Helena

Has anyone seen them yet? I've looked in Walgreens, CVS, Wal*Mart, Rite Aid (lol I get around) and nothing. I've seen the new Maybelline lip & eye stuff but no new HIP!

tokidoki1825

I actually saw them in a grocery store near me, Wegman's. I haven't seen them at any drugstores yet. They do look beautiful but I didn't pick any up, I'm kind of waiting to see reviews, but maybe I'll have to pick up the green-blue one and swatch it for y'all.

tokidoki1825

Oh, and I saw new HIP colored liners at the store too! I was hoping someone has reviewed them, but maybe not yet? They look hot, the green and silver colors look gorgeous. I haven't tried them yet but I've been loving HIP liners so far.

Here's a link.

Tashona Helena

If I can find them I'll try them out for you lol. No grocery stores around me sell L'Oreal HIP products
ssad.gif
Maybe I need to go to Maryland... lol I'm so desperate to see these things.

Modmom

I want poppy! I'll check out a few stores here tonight and see if they've made an arrival in Canada yet.

hyzenthlay20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokidoki1825
Oh, and I saw new HIP colored liners at the store too! I was hoping someone has reviewed them, but maybe not yet? They look hot, the green and silver colors look gorgeous. I haven't tried them yet but I've been loving HIP liners so far.

Here's a link.

I bought the purple, green, silver, and blue HIP Color Chrome liners. The green is a dead-on dupe for UD 24/7 EL in Stash. See my photos below.

I was concerned that they'd be hard, but they're as soft and easy to apply (for me) as the UD eyeliners. In fact, I am a little nervous about sharpening them with a regular sharpener . . . I will probably invest in the UD Grindhouse sharpener the next time I go to Sephora (but also because I just got the VIP and Velvet Rope UD mini-liners).

The purple ends up more dark purple than violet, but is still very pretty, the blue is bright, and the silver is a bright silver.

I got them for $7 each (sale at Rite Aid), and they look to be about the same size as the UD pencils.

I have used the silver on my water line, and it stayed all day, and the other colors have stayed on my eyes all day as well. Perhaps one of these days I'll do one eye with Stash and one with the HIP Green and see how they look and how they wear all day.

So, if you have Stash already, don't bother with the green.

I don't know exactly how this will work (first time posting photos, please forgive me if this is wrong).

Top: UD Stash on left, HIP Green Flash on right
Purples: Sephora Nano in 20 Wild Spirit, UD 1999, HIP Violet Volt, UD Lust
Blues: UD Blue Spark, Sephora Nano in 17 Lagoon (the only true blue liners I have, I have a teal and a turquoise).

BeautyPsycho

Omg, thanks for the review and pics, I was debating if I should get purple one or not, I was seriously standing there for good 10 minutes staring at the display (Doutzen has that one on her eyes and it looks gorgeous), but I wasn't sure if it's going to be see through or smudge-fest.
Boo, that purple is not as vibrant as their promo-pic.
ssad.gif

I also saw this collection at Wegmans. They also have new eye pencils, it says something along the lines of "liquid pencil"
th_dunno.gif
looks like a regular pencil but I guess the difference is with application. And new makeup remover.