New PRO MAC website

jelena

I really hate it! You have to shop through maccosmetics and web is so annoying there. Also I didn't see anywhere that I can purchase Pro product only

What do you guys think?

MAC bring back old Pro site!

KaylaDMakeup

I agree, its so strange!!! I used to be able to view pro only items and now i cant until i get my card and sign up for the website. I only just got my Pro membership but its going to take 8 weeks to get my actual card and pro number (i live in New Zealand thats why it takes ages)

pleomorphic

Hate it. I don't have a pro card, but the ability to just see the pro products is invaluable when I place an order on the pro line. I have emailed MAC to this effect-not that I think they will care, but maybe someone will listen.
shrugs.gif

EUSHANNASIA

i really don't dig it at all either. i wonder why they would change it like that to make it less user-friendly?

SakurasamaLover

^
Yeah that's totally stupid! I love MAC Pro stuff but makeup is not my trade, so now I can't see MAC Pro products?? WTF! I can't even say I'm gonna just go to the Pro store near me and ask for whats coming up or being discontinued, because : They NEVER know it! It took a year and a half and a change of packaging before all the MA's knew Pink Vivid was dc. o_0 I always saw the triangle of death on the Pro site so I had time to buy stuff. But now; how can I do it anymore?
It would be very helpful to start a thread, or a find place on the website, well something so people can look at the list of Pro products available and whats getting dc so we can shop.

I feel a bit let down by MAC for that, the problem of us, not pro members, no being able to look at the catalog of products. From the moment they changed the way of access they knew what would happen, and I don't see the purpose, it's lame.

paparazziboy

the purpose was for the items to seen by pro members only. the items were made for people in the industry its not hard to get a pro card.

Winterwhite

the purpose was for the items to seen by pro members only. the items were made for people in the industry its not hard to get a pro card.

This is very unfortunate, I would buy pro items from time to time but of course I'd need to know what is available in order to ask for that at the pro-store. They do not have everything on display or I might overlook things because it´s a gigantic counter. I always prefer to shop after having surfed the brand's homepage and seen what is all there. I do not like surprises or not knowing what I potentially could_buy but don't know about its existence, I really prefer to make a list and then go to the store (plus the pro store is 1,5hours away so not a trip around the corner).

Plus, I do not see the reasoning in items being only viewable for pro-card-holders, as everyone can buy them (in store that is, or by calline the pro-store on the phone), so that would only be coherent if only pro-card holders could buy pro-items (something which I hope they never put to practice!).

By the way, possibly from your point of view it´s "not hard to get a pro card", as working in make-up, but for a regular person working in a totally different field and make-up being necessary and fun, a hobby, too, it is impossible to get a pro card. I do not work in any business that requires buying pro-make-up and I also don't do make-up on other people, I have nothing to do with photography or film or anything either. Besides, pro-card costs a fee (if I`m informed correctly) and there needs to be a certain amount of make-up being bought per year in order to keep the card. That is not the same as normal people being interested in a few pro-items once in a while.

I might see that people who are on the amateur-/freelance-starting out level and are aspiring to work as make-up artist or someone related maybe do not find it that_difficult to be accepted for a pro-card, meaning that MAC does not require you to be a full-time-fully-educated professional for this, and accepts people who are trying to find their way in this field, but apart from that I find it hard to have any kind of explanation for the application.

rockin

I used to love to browse the website and find out what was available that was Pro only. Sometimes it was because I had seen something used in a tutorial which I really wanted, and I would look for it on the MAC site and phone up to order it. Now I have no way of seeing those products or finding out what else is out. The little black triangle was useful, too, as i knew then that I had to act quickly if i wanted those particular items. Some things I just can't see why they are Pro only in the first place! I've bought quite a few things this way in the past.

Since the changes, I have complained about this on the phone to Customer Services (UK) and was told that they didn't like it either as even they were unable to view the Pro products, which just goes to show that MAC didn't think it through at all. I can see some of this on the US site, but have no way of seeing if these are also available in the UK.

There is no Pro store near me, in fact there is not even a counter, so it's not like I can walk in there and find out that way.

I buy a lot of MAC makeup, but I am not in any job that would enable me to get a Pro card, and am unlikely to be.

My only hope is for a Pro store to be opened locally, and I can't see it happening, even though I've requested it on the phone and also emailed about it. We have an Estee Lauder counter in our Department Store (House Of Fraser) but no MAC counter to compete with the Urban Decay counter which is there. It's a shame, as there are many colourful young people in our town who would probably flock there. I live in the county town, so it's not like it's a small place I live in.

sarahbe492

I don't get why in the world people without pro cards can order pro products but we can't see them online? Seems a little counter productive.

As to the comment that it is easy to get a pro card all I've ever heard is how difficult it is and how many different documents you need to be considered for one...interesting...

LC

I don't get why in the world people without pro cards can order pro products but we can't see them online? Seems a little counter productive.

As to the comment that it is easy to get a pro card all I've ever heard is how difficult it is and how many different documents you need to be considered for one...interesting...

it's surprisingly easy to get one.

but you're right, it makes no sense that non-members can call in and order, or go into the store and order. although in my experience, at least with the old pro site, even if you weren't logged in you could see the pro stuff, just not the pricing

Mabelle

seriously, i wanted to buy a bunch of new glitters and pigments, and now, that order is going to have to get put off until i can trek my butt downtown on a day off.... and that probably wont be until spring.

Goat Goat Etc.

Holy hell! Ok I looked on the website a few days back and was shocked!

I can see nothing! Now I have to rattle through the reg website for pro stuff

Meh