New to Chanel...

MoGiselle

hey everyone,

like the title says i am new to the chanel makeup world and was wondering what are some items that are must haves?

Like me know what are your favorites?

switchblade

Hey there!
smiles.gif
The standout products for me are:
Joues Contraste blushes
Rouge Allure lipsticks

Others I like:
Rouge Allure laque in Ming (light-medium nude pink), Dragon (red--just use lip liner for this one to prevent bleeding)
Rouge Coco lipsticks in Magnolia and Mademoiselle
glossimer in Giggle (pigmented mauvey nude w/ no shimmer)
some eyeshadow singles (Taupe Grise, Safari, Khaki Vert)
not a popular product, but I love Chanel Poudre Douce as a setting powder
Paradoxal nail polish (my favorite from their recent releases)

Camnagem

My favorite Chanel products have consistently amazing formulas and never disappoint. I won't list my favorite colors (too many to list for each!), but with these products you can pretty much pick your favorite color and start there.

All Around Favorite Products:
Glossimers
Joues Contraste Blush
Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss
Rouge Allure Lipstick

Other favorites (Not as consistent formula wise, but specific stand outs for me):
Rouge Allure Lacque: Dragon, Phoenix
Eyeshadow Quads: Enigma, Mystic Eyes
Nail Polish: Paradoxal, Particuliere, Steel
Ombre Essentielle Single Eyeshadows: Safari, Taupe Grise, Khaki, Vert Khaki
Ombres Contraste Eyeshadow Duo: Taupe-Delicat

purrtykitty

Hi there!

My favorites are:

Le Vernis
Glossimers
Joues Contraste
Eye Shadows (Ombre Essentielle and Quadra)

Miss QQ

My favourites are the glossimers! It is the best lipgloss IMO. I love their e/s quads too, and some of the lipsticks from Rouge Coco and Rouge Allure.

mrslid

My favourites are the eyeshadow quads, Rouge Coco lipsticks and Joues Contraste blushes!

Bonitinha

The Glossimers, Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss, and the JC blushes are all amazing! You'll love the lipsticks and e/s quads, too . . . really everything becomes an obsession
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

I absolutely adore glossimers, they're my weak spot! I alsore love joues Contraste blushes, Rouge Coco l/s and Rouge Allure and Allure Lacque l/s.

Some of of my fave individual items:

- Cambon Rouge Coco
- Rouge Noir Rouge Coco
- Phoenix RA Laque
- Venus glossimer
- Jupiter glossimer
- Plum Attraction JC
- Paradoxal n/p

mjacqueline

My favourites would have to be:

1) Rouge Allures
2) Roge Allure Lacques
3) Joues Contraste Blush
4) Rouge Allure Extrait de gloss

strix

I am new to Chanel too, and have yet to purchase anything from the Chanel counter though I've been admiring it for awhile. I'm curious what you all think about Chanel in terms of quality compared to MAC or other makeup brands. Do you think that Chanel products are better quality? I don't mind paying for quality-- I got my 1st Dior quint (Five Golds) and was blown away by the unique buttery texture of the e/s and think it is totally worth the price.

I think I'll try a Glossimer first and maybe a Rouge Coco, though the spring collection is looking pretty tempting! Are there any specific Chanel eyeshadows that you think are must-haves for a neutral-lover?

Camnagem

I personally think Chanel items are of great quality! In my experience with the brand the lipsticks, lipglosses, Joues Contraste Blushes, and nail polishes have blown me away. I also really like the quads I've purchased, and some of the single eyeshadows have me wanting to come back for more...soon!

I don't have many single eyeshadows, but if you like taupe-ish neutrals check out Safari and Taupe Grise. They're both absolute must haves for me. For a neutral lover I'd also highly recommend taking a look at the Taupe-Delicat Ombres Contraste Duo! That duo has become a favorite for many of us Chanel lovers on Specktra for a quick and easy (and gorgeous!) neutral eye look. Also, if you're interested in a quad, check out Mystic Eyes. It's my favorite neutral quad and I wear it often.

Trying a glossimer for your first purchase is a fantastic way to start (they're gorgeousness in a tube!). The Spring collection has been a huge hit with quite a few of us here as well! We've been chatting about it quite a bit in the Spring thread...come stop by to say hi if you'd like (we're pretty friendly!).

I hope you enjoy whatever it is you decide to pick up, and come let us know what you think! (The cat in your avatar is just adorable, btw!)

Miss QQ

strix, IMO the lipsticks and lipglosses are exceptional! Worth the price! And a good neutral e/s is Delicate-Taupe duo, which I don't have but it has lots of raves.

2browneyes

This is a great thread! I'm a Chanel newbie as well. I have Dragon and I am in love with it! Looking forward to trying a few other lippies from Chanel. Does anyone have a swatch of Candy Glow Aqualumiere Gloss? It looks really pretty from the pic I saw online...just wanted to see it swatched on skin. TIA

Bonitinha

^^2browneyes -- I only have one Auqualumiere gloss (I have several glossimers as I like the texture better). I have read that Candy Glow is one of the more pigmented Auqualumieres. On me, my AL gloss doesn't last as long as my Glossimers -- but it did give a beautiful shine. Here is a swatch from Karla:
http://karlasugar.net/2008/06/chanel-aqualumiere-gloss/

strix

It's so helpful to hear where you all think is a good place to start with a new Chanel collection. There are so many things to choose from, it can be sort of overwhelming at first, but I'm super excited to pick up some new things on my next trip to the mall. I'll let you all know what I get!

Oh, and Cam, you mentioned my kitty-- her name is Sweet Pea-- she's a cuddly Maine Coon.

Camnagem

It's so helpful to hear where you all think is a good place to start with a new Chanel collection. There are so many things to choose from, it can be sort of overwhelming at first, but I'm super excited to pick up some new things on my next trip to the mall. I'll let you all know what I get!

Oh, and Cam, you mentioned my kitty-- her name is Sweet Pea-- she's a cuddly Maine Coon.
Oh Sweet Pea!!! That is just adorable! Our chubby boy Redford is...not cuddly (lol).

I'm excited to hear what you think of everything. I hope you find a few new things to love!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm still pretty new to Chanel myself, so I've started with lipstick (that's how I always start...) I'm interested in the glosses, but I tend to prefer a pretty good colour payoff from them. Any opinions on which ones would be better for this?