New to the forum: help with my frustrating foundation quest

itssssarah

I hate to make my first real post about color help, but I'm so frustrated! Over the last 3 years I've been on a quest for a good match for foundation that isn't drying on my sensitive skin. I haven't even gotten to the looking for a non-drying one as I've never even gotten the color right! The first foundation I was matched with was Bare Minerals in Light. I was 17 and just went with what the artist said. I then went back to get a new one and was told that Light was all wrong for me and I needed Fairly Light. Being that one (I can't remember which) was more yellow. My skin dried out around age 19 and I gave up on foundation because it made my skin look even flakier. When MUFE HD came out I went to get matched because the color range was so wide. I was matched with 118, which feels close but almost makes my face look darker than the rest of my body. When I ran out of that I was matched with MAC Mineralize Satinfinish in NW20. It makes me way too dark and orange. I ended up not using it and just using Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus, which she also gave me. It feels a little dark but applies sheer enough I can use it. My latest match is Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted moisturizer in Blush which looks good, but again, a hair dark. I can't quite figure out my undertones as purple-ish pink lippies make me look strange and brown based tones make me look dead. The only lippie I feel comfortable in is NARS Dolce Vita. I know this is a lot of information at once and I'm not looking for a specific color recommendation, but maybe a jump off point. I just want to look nice and feel comfortable in foundation. I don't need a ton of coverage, but have rosacea and need to cover my cheeks. I'll post a picture of me sans makeup if that would help. Thanks again and I hope I'm not asking too much!