New Y0rk City Requirements For Make Up Artistry.!?

SHEloveMACnGOLD

So i currently live in California and plan on moving to New York after i finish school. I know that in the state of California you can do make up professionally without a license and the school that I'm going to offers a make up artistry course just to get your certification. However, they had me contact the state of NY to find out what their requirements were as far as what is required to do make up and if you need an esthetician or cosmo license. And the lady told me that if you are getting pair to do make up in NY that they do require a license and she would recommend me getting it there but i explained that I am living at home for free :/ (bum) and it would be easier for me to go out here. because i guess NY doesnt hold a reciprocal with any state for esthetician licenses BUT I will be able to obtain one its just going to be a pain basically and I'm going to have to go through a lot.
NOW i just want to know if that is true because at the end of the day i dont wanna do esthetics i wanna be a MA but far as having that background it's a good look I'm sure. but i just wanted to see from anyone who actually works in NYC first hand if they had any info. please and thank you =)