Newbie here with a veryy small collection wanting to join the fun!

cool username

**Completely updated 8/10/10**
I moved to a new house so its all different and better!

d613b86b3a.jpg

My new vanity area. That's my Chanel sign I got an an antique shop. It lights up too!

5bdf0b230f.jpg

This is a nail polish rack I got off Ebay that I keep my palettes/other shadows on. I have to be able to see all my stuff or I won't ever use it!
The first palette is actually the Hello Kitty Too Dolly palette. I committed a sin and de-potted it because I never used it because I couldn't see it! I put a Hello Kitty sticker on it though haha.
Rest of the palettes left to right:
star violet, pink venus, hepcat, jest
passionate, stars and rockets, cranberry, plum dressing
shale, satin taupe, beauty marked, sable
sketch, honey lust, mulch, swiss chocolate
mythology, expensive pink, woodwinked, amber lights
lucky green, plumage, sumptuous olive, green smoke
contrast, birds and berries (yes i depotted), electric eel, steamy
shroom, rice paper, vex, nylon
black tied, print, club, knight divine
Mineralize Shadows:
Its a Miracle
blue flame
illusionary burning ambition
And one single to the beach pot, shimmermoss which i will probably depot too lol.
Nars Palettes
rated r
south pacific
silent night
and deep throat blush
Also on the rack is my Chanel foundation and my MAC studio fix fluid nw20

b3c0cfffc1.jpg

This is my brush holder, i know my brushes are dirty haha oops! As you can see I pried the top off the hello kitty palettte after i depotted it and back to mac'd the rest of the melted mess, and they took it!

4932ef3af9.jpg

Mocha, rhapsody in two, dainty, handfinish
hipness, peachy keen, honor, trace gold

cc6d0a8e1d.jpg

soft and gentle, comfort
natural medium, by candlelight

034dfe5016.jpg

This is inside the top drawer and where I keep all my blushes, MSFs and everything else that isn't on top.

0452ea7965.jpg

Laura gellar blush, bare minerals powder, Diorshow powder (VERY messy), chanel powder, nars makeup primer, bobbi brown concealer
paint pots
black ground
artifact
painterly
rubenesque

That's pretty much it for the interestingness, but here is a pic of the chanel sign lit up and a pic of the red cabinet since people in the replies were asking about it. thanks for looking
smiles.gif

43932ad132.jpg

a8fdea1bda.jpg

my_adored

That's an awesome collection for just starting. You really have the basics going wonderfully. I can't wait to see your collection in months to come!

Ziya

awesome collection!!
greengrin.gif
Love the Chanel sign...just a fyi, I think all MUFE e/s can be used as blush or e/s so that may explain the signage on yours..I don't have any MUFE e/s personally so dunno if they all are like that lol :p

cool username

yeah i just use them as eye shadows. one of them is like leprechaun green so i've always been confused as to why its labeled blush. i recently learned that theres a such thing as blue or green blush to neutralize unwanted redness on your face but i don't know.

not to go on a tangent but i need advice too... i love having my mac shadows in their individual pots but i'm starting to think about palettes. if i did, i'd stick with quads because i like that they are see-thru (right?) and i clearly don't have very many anyways. i just figured out that the pans for palettes are only $11 (right??)! BUT call me crazy but i think palettes are kind of ugly.. what do you guys think? cuteness over money-saving? also i FINALLY got my pro card in the mail today so i'll be saving money with that too
greengrin.gif
!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback and encouragement!

Luiza_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool username
not to go on a tangent but i need advice too... i love having my mac shadows in their individual pots but i'm starting to think about palettes. if i did, i'd stick with quads because i like that they are see-thru (right?) and i clearly don't have very many anyways. i just figured out that the pans for palettes are only $11 (right??)! BUT call me crazy but i think palettes are kind of ugly.. what do you guys think? cuteness over money-saving?

I think it is very personal. Some people do prefer pots over palettes, and some others prefer palettes over pots.

I personally prefer palettes because I think they look more organized that way. The pots I own are LE, and I'm just too afraid of trying to depot them.

Kirsty

I think most of the MUFE shadows are labelles as a blush. The majority are filed under blush on the Sephora website. They can all be used as e/s & hey i'm not complaining as they are so big
winks.gif

Love your collection the rack is cute!

vc1079

Your collection is wonderful! i wish i started off small with good quality products! so envious that people bought mac and nars when i probably spent the same amount of money trying to buy tons of drugstore stuff and end up not liking half of it !

Hypathya

That's a pretty collection!!

I'd kill for that Chanel sign!! Or at least be able to go and see that antique store!! I'm a major Chanel junkie
blush-anim-cl.gif

Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

cool username

It has grown already and I completely rearranged my set up... maybe ill post an updated version on the stash stats and storage section... hmmmm

christinakate

The Chanel sign is such an awesome find, I absolutely love it !
Your collection is definitely coming along, I look forward to more updates
winks.gif

cool username

The red cabinet is from Ikea i think its called Helmer. I love it!

thank you everyone! i think i'm going to re-do this post, my collection has grown a lot! maybe tomorrow, i have the day off
smiles.gif