newbie needing advice! middle eastern skin

saj20052006

You can wear any color. Try using a base such as a paint,a primer or a shadestick. This helps the color stay and makes it more intense. Also try packing on the shadow instead of simply washing it on. Make sure you have good brushes that pick up a good bit of the eyeshadow.

Beauty Mark

If you have discoloration around your eyes, I would apply foundation or concealer to even it up.

Are you using decent quality shadows? When I first began wearing makeup, I would pick colors that had crappy pigmentation and were too pastel.

I bet some dark shimmery bronzes would be stunning on you, but they wouldn't be too extreme. Your picture, unless the flash is washing you out a little, doesn't make it look like you shouldn't be able to wear browns, either. Maybe some plums would be good.

amoona

You should really use a based under your shadows that could be a reason why your shadows haven't been showing up.

I'm Middle Eastern too and I'm an NC40 and I don't usually have a problem with MAC e/s showing up on me because I use a base to make them pop and stick to my skin.

Golds, browns, purples, greens ... would work for you very nicely.

anjdes

I used to have the same problem before I discovered eye shadow base! I swear by Clarins Eye Perfecting Base.