Night Porter Looks Suggestions

stephlovesmac

Hi Everyone. I thought I would ask for some suggestions.

I bought Night Porter and I love the shade, but I have NO idea what to do with it. It seems every time I try a look with it, I end up looking like a fool. I know a few of you have the shade, what do you pair it with?

malika

Night Porter was the first nars es I got! it's so pretty!

I tried to wear it today, over delft paintpot on the lid. It looked gorgeous!! but then i tried to blend it out with soba in crease and then it just got muddy.

i've also worn it as liner on upper and lower outer lashlines, but i do have trouble with fallout

what have you tried?

stephlovesmac

I tried it on the lid, but it ended up looking like I had been punched in the face. I think it probably would look best as a liner like you said.

It's a gorgeous colour but you're right it doesn't blend all that well.

Strawberrymold

It helps to use a blending brush to apply the night series shadows and build the color up (don't need to much cause obviously they are so freakin' pigmented). This way the color doesn't get muddy. Also none of the Nars shadows are intended to be used with a silicone base, so be careful of what you use under it.

As for color combos here are some of my favorites to pair with it...

Jardin Aires or Tan pigments (sounds weird but looks awesome)
Sumptous olive
Chains (urban Decay)
Coppering (again sounds weird but looks awesome)
Amber lights

hope that helps!

allThingsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberrymold
Also none of the Nars shadows are intended to be used with a silicone base, so be careful of what you use under it.

What is a Silicone Base? Can y ou give examples of some?
smiles.gif

Strawberrymold

Quote:
Originally Posted by allThingsGirl
What is a Silicone Base? Can y ou give examples of some?
smiles.gif

Any shadow or base that has a high content of silicone as an ingredient. For example UDPP has a lot of silicone in it so it doesn't work very well with Nars shadows.

MizzMelroseMood

All the darker Night shades are the best applied wet as liner! Night Flight, Clubbing, and Porter are my favs for liner
smiles.gif
I stopped buying pencil liner over them.

DILLIGAF

Maybe over the B greasepaint stick? I used it for a base with BLUE FLAME MES. Again because of all the shimmer in the product I would suggest something matte in the crease. HTH