Nintendo DS VS. PSP

medusalox

Does anyone own either a DS or a PSP? I want one, but I can't quite decide. They're both amazing in their own right....I love the graphics on the PSP, but I think I may like the games for the DS better. I don't know, can I get some reviews? Thanks!

Shimmer

Honestly, the PSP is more "high speed" and really effing cool, but for GAMES, I like the DS. I have both, btw.
smiles.gif

prinzessin784

I have DS Lite and it's pretty much my favorite thing in the entire world haha. I love it! I agree with you on the games, PSP has kind of a crappy selection and Nintendo has really stepped up and proved that it can sell better than Sony so the future looks brighter for Nintendo.

medusalox

What are your favorite games for each? I'm so,so torn.
smiles.gif
PSP has Katamari, though, and I love me some Katamari. But I really do enjoy the rest of the selection for DS more. God, I hate being a Gemini sometimes! Thanks for all your help so far!

Tash

I prefer the DS myself. If you love Mario games, then it's definately the one for you.

medusalox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tash
I prefer the DS myself. If you love Mario games, then it's definately the one for you.

I saw them all at best buy today...I was DROOLING! plus, I'm totally interested in the nintendogs, it looks so cute! Thank you!

kaliraksha

I'm going to have to go on the ds side--- its more entertaining in my opinion... plus easier to lug around if you've got a busy schedule. I think PSP's are more sensitive ... my brothers screen has cracked and my other brothers buttons are no longer working. However, with any replacement/care plan that may not be an issue. For me though, the graphics/screen is much prettier on the PSP... but I feel like it's more for a serious gamer who wants a portable solution.... where as a DS is like entertaining and fun for all... it just depends on where you land....

ooh also if you have another ds friend... some of the 2 player games are really fun

medusalox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
I'm going to have to go on the ds side--- its more entertaining in my opinion... plus easier to lug around if you've got a busy schedule. I think PSP's are more sensitive ... my brothers screen has cracked and my other brothers buttons are no longer working. However, with any replacement/care plan that may not be an issue. For me though, the graphics/screen is much prettier on the PSP... but I feel like it's more for a serious gamer who wants a portable solution.... where as a DS is like entertaining and fun for all... it just depends on where you land....

ooh also if you have another ds friend... some of the 2 player games are really fun

Ooh, good to know! The nerd in me wanted the PSP, but I do think I'm going with the DS. I'm probably only going to use it between classes or between rounds at work, so I don't need anything too hardcore.

2 player games could be fun - I could get my boyfriend a DS for Valentine's day! Hmmm, ideas abound. thank you so much!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I have to go with the DS.. I am a huge nintendo fan,
My brother has a psp and they are VERY sensitive, you have to be very careful with them or the screen will go "ka-poot!" it scratches very easily,

Plus, nintendogs.. YES!
and mario! another YES!
plus. you can get a ds lite, in pink. haha.

prinzessin784

I love Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon for DS. They are sooo addicting! And yeah, I have the coral pink DS Lite and it's so cute!! And you can't go wrong with Mario!

medusalox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Katamari and NintenDogs are both so freaking addictive. *sigh*

I'm gonna go hunt down a DS today, although it looks like BestBuy is sold out, and I'm hoping to charge it there
greengrin.gif

Katamari ate my soul. I spent 2 days straight playing it. Really.
greengrin.gif

medusalox

Yeah, a friend of mine said "Wait, they're coming out with a new model/upgrade"...but I've been looking on the net, albeit not too deeply...but I can't find anything other than some speculations. Is it true? Bigger screens? That'd be amazing.

Shimmer

I have no idea.
If there's a gamestop near you you might consider dropping by there, so you can talk to them.
smiles.gif

little teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by medusalox
I spent all day trying to hunt down a friggin' DS...sold out!
weeping.gif
Everywhere!

they were sold out everywhere i went to, then i called wal-mart and they had a couple so if you havent already check there, call them

prinzessin784

My fiancee bought my DS Lite on E-bay for Christmas because he couldn't fnd one ANYWHERE. They were worse than getting a Wii around here! Try E-bay!