Nix'ie Cosmetics - Problems!?

***(apologies if you are reading this twice - I posted over at makeuptalk, just because not everyone subscribes to both - and I 'd like to hear as much feedback on this as I can get.)***

I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing all the problems I am?!

First of all, I was accepted as a Pro Member, and of course was told I would receive a complimentary palette with 6 pre-selected eye shadows.

Well, they sent me an EMPTY palette (a lot of good that does!)

I've tried to email Mary Tressel, with no response (I understand, maybe she's out of the office, or whatever - I will wait a few days & see.)

I tried to email their main contact address with the following results:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: Gmail tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for [email protected] (state 14)

I placed a large order with them prior to receiving my complimentary palette, and they messed up my order (forgot 1 item). The phone number they included with the package was DISCONNECTED!! So I had to go searching for a different one. I did get through to a very friendly guy & he was very helpful & apologetic, said they would send my item out right away & include a free item to say "We're sorry" So at least I am pleased about that.

I tried to call back Saturday morning, just to leave a message perhaps, inquiring about the complimentary palette. The mail box was full & disconnected me. I tried back later, and was automatically disconnected after about the 4th ring.

Some days I cannot even get to their website - I just get a blank page with a server error, or some such nonsense.

I REALLY love the make up I have from them, and really want to order more. But all these problems with their contact information, etc is really pi$$ing me off!! It's very unprofessional of them!!

Anyone else having any issues!?

COBI

That's too bad. I received the 6-pan pallette (filled), but I haven't ordered anything from them yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
That's too bad. I received the 6-pan pallette (filled), but I haven't ordered anything from them yet.

Well, I did purchase 12 eye shadows, 3 pigments, and 1 eye shadow stick. And I honestly can say their products are amazing & I'd love to order every single thing they have!! =)

The eye shadows are fabulous - they last at least 14 hours on me, and stay as colorful as the moment I applied them. So, I really am please with the products!

I just hope they get the rest of their act straightened out soon. It might end up costing them a lot of business if they try to continue with disconnected phone numbers & bad email addresses!

There is a salon close to me that carries Nix'ie products - so I may just be forced to go there & buy my stuff. Annoying for me, I'd rather just order online and avoid the hellish city ;p

KimmyAnn_678

On other sites I've heard of others having problems getting ahold of anyone in the company as well
ssad.gif

I think Home of Camera Ready Cosmetics where you find products and tools for the professional makeup artist for print, tv, film, catalogues, bridal and more - with quality products Cinema Secrets, Collyre Bleu, Adesign Brushes, Face Atelier, Graftobian, Illu carries at least some Nixie products if you want to check there
smiles.gif

COBI

Problem with the salon or Camera Ready is that you won't be able to use your pro discount from Nixie.

KimmyAnn_678

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
Problem with the salon or Camera Ready is that you won't be able to use your pro discount from Nixie.

I know some of the stuff I've ordered from CRC is cheaper than buying from the brand site... prob. not as much as a pro discount but I don't have that so it didn't matter to me... but they do have free shipping on orders over $50 so that helps as well
smiles.gif

COBI

I posted that because Twixtbetwixt posted originally that she got accepted into their pro program.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeupGoddess
The person in charge of the pro membership is Mary Tressel and she'll be in this Friday the 30th
winks.gif

Cool, I will just be patient until then =)

I feel like a boob complaining about "complimentary" eye shadows, but then again, if they tell you they are sending you a specific thing, they really should follow through with that without a lot of headache involved. You know what I mean? ;p

Thanks for the replies, ladies!!

-Aprille

BunnyBunnyBunny

I have never heard of or used this brand before, but that is really unprofessional. Maybe they are a small business and have issues going on or something but some of the stuff you mentioned is ridiculous. They need to get their act together for serious.

Just an update, I called Nix'ie Customer service Thursday afternoon @ 213.748.5644 and finally got a live body on the phone. Sounded like the same guy I talked to before.

I explained about the complimentary Pro Membership palette & told him I just wanted to inquire as to whether or not the empty one I received was a mistake, or did they change their procedures regarding that... blah blah blah...

He said it was definitely a mistake & told me to email my Pro ID # & contact info & they would probably just send me a new palette.

Then I explained that I HAVE been trying to email all week, but the email keeps bouncing back undeliverable.

He tells me that their server (or something along those lines, i forget now) has been infected with a virus & it basically wreaked havoc with everything - hence the email problems & stuff. Then he gave me a NEW email address to send my info to.

If anyone needs that it is:

[email protected]

I emailed them my information & details about the issue. Haven't heard back from them yet, but it was late in the day, so it's acceptable. If I don't hear from them by Monday or Tuesday I will be getting upset. LOL

I did order more eye shadows though, they shipped out today, should be here by Wednesday I hope! When you order, you get a confirmation email from "Beverly Hills Cosmetics, Inc." So, I'm not quite sure how all that ties in. I don't recall seeing that company name on the Nix'ie site at all. Doesn't matter to me, as long as I get what I order. Hopefully this order is not screwed up. I'm still waiting for my items from the LAST order that they forgot to send. Maybe I'm an idiot for buying more stuff already, but I can't help it. If they burn me again, then I guess I'll have learned my lesson.

I don't think they are a bad company, just a bit disorganized at the moment.

;p

mae13

I hope they get their computer/communication issues settled soon. I loved some of the eyeshadows I tried from them (really superior quality), but I was wary about ordering more when my last couple of e-mails got the same error message as yours.

Fingers crossed that everything comes to you as it should, and that you get a response by Monday.

I did receive my "forgotten" item today. Yay!

I'm glad they were on the ball with that & got it taken care of right away. They also sent a complimentary package of their facial cleansing wipes, just to say "Sorry for messing up!"

That makes me happy, at least. It's nice of them to include a little something extra, because it was in no way expected, or even desired. I would have been satisfied with just the item I had ordered, nothing more. So I was really impressed when they told me they'd send something extra as well.

At any rate, I really do recommend their products. If you don't want to purchase them through the Nix'ie site directly, there are shops/salons that carry them. And someone posted a link to another online shop that sells Nix'ie stuff:

Camera Ready Cosmetics

Thanks everyone for listening to my venting ;p
LOL

Aprille

Sorry for that double post before - I tried to delete it, but obviously I am missing something, because I can't figure out how to do it! I read the FAQ & thought I had it all figured out, but obviously NOT =)

Anyway, I want to send a HUGE thank you to Nix'ie Cosmetics!! OMG!! I received TWO packages today... one was my large order, the other was a replacement palette and TONS of extra goodies!!! I'm still trying to pick my chin up off the floor & shut my gaping mouth ;p LOL

They sent me 4 pigments, 2 mascaras, and a pack of make up remover wipes!! I guess their way of apologizing for the mix up & all!

Wowzers!!

I am so excited to try out everything they sent, plus all the shadows I ordered, etc.

I feel like it's my Birthday or something!!

I sent them a letter thanking them profusely!

I am just so happy that they stepped up & fixed their mix up. But again, they went above & beyond the expected & sent me a bunch of extra things!

How can you not love Nix'ie?! LOL

I'm definitely sold!!

Aprille
TwixtBetwixt

Nix'ie Pro Referral ID#2692

makeupmadb

edit//oops sorry, didn't see you'd posted to say everything was posted!

I've never dealed with them but RicoLovesMac on youtube provides fax and phone number details on her video: YouTube - NIXIE cosmetics
If you have a fax machine, perhaps you could fax them, that way knowing they'd receive it? And you could ask them to call you back and such. Hope everything gets sorted
smiles.gif

jillo

I am trying to register but the email adress still doesnt work and the fax will never go through ether. DO they even still exist or is everything they emial me automated and they arnt there anymore?
thanks

honeyjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillo
I am trying to register but the email adress still doesnt work and the fax will never go through ether. DO they even still exist or is everything they emial me automated and they arnt there anymore?
thanks

I don't know why it is taking them so long to fix this. Not everybody has this problem though as my girlfriend just signed up for their pro membership and her email didn't get bounced back. She couldn't fax her credentials in either. Anyway here is the alternate email address they gave me [email protected]
Phone - 323-588-1022 Fax - 323-588-0046

user79

I also tried to order from them a while ago but had a question about international shipping before. The email did not work, after numerous tries. I finally gave up. I just can't endorse sending my money to such an unprofessional company, imagine if something goes wrong with the order and having to get in touch with them. Ugh, no thanks.

honeyjr

Their customer service has really gone downhill... I have to email them 2 to 3 times before I get a response.

honeyjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyjr
Their customer service has really gone downhill... I have to email them 2 to 3 times before I get a response.

I take it back! They were lax in sending me my pro membership after I signed up so I had to email them twice before they responded.

This morning I opened my front door and found a nice little package. In it were my $15 promo blush palette and extra goodies they tossed in: an Ultra Pearl Pigment, a Crystal Shimmer lipgloss and FOUR refill pans of their cream foundations (which I've been meaning to try) in various shades.

Thank you Nixie!