No Pro Discount on Catherine Quads?

eyeshadowfreak

When I added the Catherine Thunder quad to my basket on MACPro.com, it said my discount wasn't applicable.

They've never NOT discounted a quad. Is this something new or is this a glitch on the site?

FemmeNoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeshadowfreak
When I added the Catherine Thunder quad to my basket on MACPro.com, it said my discount wasn't applicable.

They've never NOT discounted a quad. Is this something new or is this a glitch on the site?

I was ordering and had to come here to find out the same thing! I don't know. If I don't get my discount than I probably won't buy it. I will wait to see it in person to see if I have any matches.

Also, where is the medium/dark blot powder that was supposed to come out? It isn't on the pro site.
ssad.gif

eyeshadowfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
That's the reason why I didn't ordered my stuff today... I'm better to buy it at my pro store finally.

But will you get the discount there? I'll go to a store to get my stuff, but if I'm not gonna get my discount, I might as well go to Nordies (which is closer to me anyways).

Keep me posted when you pick your stuff up!!!!

bluegrassbabe

The same thing happened with Who's that Lady. The first few days of the release, no discount was available, and then suddenly it was available at discount. I *think* that the discount became available the same day the collection was available at the regular stores and counters. I hope that is the case with this one as well. I may change my mind and pick up one of the quads. The more I look at Thunder, the more I like it.

a_parting_gift

woo, glad I found this thread - I was worried! It's probably just a website problem, but honestly, I'll probably still get the Thunder Eyes quad even w/o my discount. It's too beautiful.

pinkfeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_parting_gift
woo, glad I found this thread - I was worried! It's probably just a website problem, but honestly, I'll probably still get the Thunder Eyes quad even w/o my discount. It's too beautiful.

I had added in my basket when they were updating the site and got the discount but was waiting for them to add the beauty powders, I now go to check my basket and they give me a n/a for discount for the quads - as well as an old one I was going to get.

You know what? Screw them, they up the price a dollar 2x a year on these and I cant get my discount? Forget it.

Pretty soon I will have had it with makeup, even drugstore prices are getting insane and its getting to be a pain.

I may need a breather from MAC or just makeup in general..prices, LE's all the time, the hunting, the price gouging, the hoarding. I'm tired of it, it was one reason I got out of doll collecting, something I loved and it turned on me stressed me out.

I need a Valium.
ssad.gif

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfeet
I had added in my basket when they were updating the site and got the discount but was waiting for them to add the beauty powders, I now go to check my basket and they give me a n/a for discount for the quads - as well as an old one I was going to get.

You know what? Screw them, they up the price a dollar 2x a year on these and I cant get my discount? Forget it.

Pretty soon I will have had it with makeup, even drugstore prices are getting insane and its getting to be a pain.

I may need a breather from MAC or just makeup in general..prices, LE's all the time, the hunting, the price gouging, the hoarding. I'm tired of it, it was one reason I got out of doll collecting, something I loved and it turned on me stressed me out.

I need a Valium.
ssad.gif

I completely relate to your frustration. This is a little over the top. I find that most of the stuff everyone races to buy is not that great later when the hype wears off.

I get tired of the mad dash to get stuff and hoard it *just in case*

I have so much mu that if I had clients every day from now until the next decade and fully made them up, I would have a ton left over!

user2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfeet

And you even pay for the PPID!!

bluegrassbabe

As of this morning the discount was available on the quads. Some of the items that were discounted before, like the lipsticks and brushes, are no longer available at discount.
The website is very confusing. I emailed them when the same thing happened with Who's that lady. and never got a response. So I'm not sure if this is intentional, or just a glitch. For those of you buying at the stores, is everything discounted there?
I just ordered the Thunder quad. Thankfully it was the only thing I wanted from this collection.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorqueen
I get tired of the mad dash to get stuff and hoard it *just in case*

or even worse other people who hoard LE products just so they can sell them on eBay when they have sold out everywhere else.

Isis

Yeah. I'd like to know why that is?
My MAs were telling me today that they do not receive discounts on the Icon collections. I just took a look my receipt from today and I did not get my usual 30% off Strawberry blonde or Vesuvian. It looks like PPID holders don't get it either.

Hawkeye

I actually paged sonrisa because I've noticed a lot of weird things. I got my disccount card at the very beginning of this year and when catherine came out some things were available for discount and some were not. Then things that were not available for discount became available for discount and somethings that had discount (the kabuki brush) no longer had the discount. So I am hoping Sonrisa can answer my page
smiles.gif

PrettyKitty

I got my discount, on everything! Oh by the way, it was at the pro store! It was probably a glitch on the MAC Pro website.

eyeshadowfreak

I think there's a glitch on the site, to be honest, otherwise PrettyKitty wouldn't have gotten a discount on everything.

Liz

it's supposed to be that there isn't a discount on any packaging that has a LE look. so anything that has gold packaging or color including the brushes.

anything that is regular mac packaging like the quads and even the brow set, you get the discount.
at least that's how it is for employees.

jennylopez1010

yes its true! we just found out today that staff does not receive a discount on the majority of the items....only a couple things...very very sad...thank god for gratis.. =/

PrettyKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeshadowfreak
I think there's a glitch on the site, to be honest, otherwise PrettyKitty wouldn't have gotten a discount on everything.

I only bought a quad, a lipgloss, a khol, a Studio Light and the kabuki brush.