Non-MA jobs at a cosmetics company

anita22

I am leaving my current job soon (marketing) and moving overseas, and I really want to work for a cosmetics company. But - I'm not sure if I actually want to be an artist. So, I was hoping someone could tell me a little more about the other types of jobs that are available within cosmetics companies (besides the obvious support functions, eg accounting, finance). My first choice would be in marketing, but I'm aware that for many cosmetics companies a good deal of the marketing is done at head office level (often based in another country).

Anyone have any other ideas? My other thoughts so far were: sales representative, working for an outside agency that promotes cosmetics, & category analyst. But perhaps there are other jobs I'm not aware of? (It doesn't have to be MAC).

Any help greatly appreciated!!

crystrill

Working for the Cosmetics Company Store. Outlet for all EL brands. You're around makeup, but you don't have to DO makeup.

boudoirblonde

In Australia, whilst most of the make-up brands here are based overseas, there is still usually a head office here and they still oversee things like marketing, public relations, merchandising etc for the Australian market
smiles.gif

petitetamtam

You could work in Marketing for companies like L´oreal, Beiersdorf or Henkel...these have drug store make up... but let me warn you its pretty hard to get a job..I just had an accessment center for a Marketing Job at one of these company and it was really hard....Don´t think they will call me for an interview...